Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Jmsbx
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry you are going through the same thing ☹️ but after I complained through PayPal they sent me an inferior product than was advertised like something from the dollar store. I thought this was a joke. Don't buy anything from this company. Terrible scammers.
Login to Me Too

Patti923
New Community Member
I also purchased a product through storm media limited and haven’t received it. Has anyone received a refund? I’m not sure how to report fraud to PayPal. I looked and couldn’t find any information on my PayPal page.
Login to Me Too

Ponderfish
Contributor
Contributor

I clicked on one of their Facebook adverts and went through just to see how much shipping was. I didn't confirm order and abandoned the shopping cart but they've still taken my money. I'm disputing it with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Sweetmochi2019
Contributor
Contributor
You’re not alone. I ordered some sticky wall hooks on March 7 and have never received any emails or updates about where the shipment is or whether it’s been dispatched at all. Also it’s hard to find a web site where I can actually ask them for a status. Dodgy.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

This is far the worst experience I ever had with PAYPAL, and I am not worried about this fuc**ng scammer, I am worried about how PayPal is covering this scammer.

Who ever will bother sending an 20$ item back, and pay 25 to 30$ for shipping it back? Exactly, nobody, because this is stupid, spending more than you originally paid/lost for a chance to return your original 20$. And mentioning a chance is because seller clearly states on his sh*t website that he does not accept any returns... I even got an email from him.No return.pngReply.png

But still, PayPal is asking you to send this item back, and I am 100% sure that seller will just ignore the return, saying that he never received anything back from the buyer.

I have partially returned my money back with keeping the item that I've received(which I already got rid of), I have called 7 or 8 times to PayPal to get to talk to an human spending like two hours in total of my time, every time explaining everything from the beginning to the end. I got pis*ed off because of that, my nerves are about to blow by the fact how I was treated by the PayPal representatives.

But in the end I got an 15$ refund from PayPal, with the condition to close the case, so I accepted it, cause I never ever want to deal not with PayPal neither with Storm Media again.

I will definitely search for other services to never use PayPal again, or will pay with my credit card directly just to avoid dealing with PayPal again.

I believe that it's always easier to just go to your bank and resolve any problem there, than to spend hours and hours on the phone.

And yes, lesson is learned... Use Aliexpress only for purchases from China.

Login to Me Too

joes_myth
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, Storm Media Scammers forced thru a transaction based on an abandoned shopping cart.  When I saw they added on ridiculous shipping charges I did not complete the order.  To my surprise, I received an order notification.  I immediately emailed them and filed a dispute with paypal.  I said it was unauthorized, which they summarily dismissed.  I called them up and explained what happened, and they changed it to "Item not Received".  Now I have to wait for an item I never ordered and decline the delivery from DHL.  For something I did not buy, this is a completely ridiculous imposition by Paypal.   I asked them to show me the IP address that the transaction was completed from and they do not even bother.  They claim that they would do that for an unauthorized transaction which I initially submitted.  However they also said they would not show me the information!  If they can prove that I did the order from my IP address shouldn't they have told me that?  This company has and "F" rating from the BBB with hundreds and hundreds of complaints, just like on this community forum.  For the life of me, I do not understand how Paypal continues to let them operate.  They perpetuated a FRAUD upon me with impunity because they know Paypal will make it really difficult for their VICTIMS!  

Login to Me Too

joes_myth
Contributor
Contributor

@joes_myth wrote:

In my case, Storm Media Scammers forced thru a transaction based on an abandoned shopping cart.  When I saw they added on ridiculous shipping charges I did not complete the order.  To my surprise, I received an order notification.  I immediately emailed them and filed a dispute with paypal.  I said it was unauthorized, which they summarily dismissed.  I called them up and explained what happened, and they changed it to "Item not Received".  Now I have to wait for an item I never ordered and decline the delivery from DHL.  For something I did not buy, this is a completely ridiculous imposition by Paypal.   I asked them to show me the IP address that the transaction was completed from and they do not even bother.  They claim that they would do that for an unauthorized transaction which I initially submitted.  However they also said they would not show me the information!  If they can prove that I did the order from my IP address shouldn't they have told me that?  This company has and "F" rating from the BBB with hundreds and hundreds of complaints, just like on this community forum.  For the life of me, I do not understand how Paypal continues to let them operate.  They perpetuated a FRAUD upon me with impunity because they know Paypal will make it really difficult for their VICTIMS!  

@joes_myth wrote:

I saw the comments about doing a chargeback.  Some time back I was able to do this, however this time around I ran into complications.  I can do a chargeback based on fraud or unauthorized access but the credit card company will lock down the card and send a new one.  This messes up a lot of linked accounts etc and I do not want to go down that road.  I can also say I am unhappy with the transaction, however, I have to agree that I did purchase the item which I do not want to do on principle.  Does anyone know what could work with the VISA?

Login to Me Too

MintJulip
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal regarding an unauthorised payment to Storm Media Limited.  I was denied my claim because my account according to PayPal was indeed authorised.  I can't understand how this occurred when I canceled the order, I never tapped the pay.  I canceled at the last minute,  but I did indeed cancel.  Why did I not receive a refund?  I can't contact the seller.  I never authorised this payment.  Let me explain what I did do.  You know the print that says something similar to this, 'You can review your purchase amount before making the payment?  I tapped that one not the payment key.  Little did I know that would allow payment.  I canceled because I suddenly realised the seller amount was in USD.  I'll have to pay the UK postage and handling twice which is equal to the purchase price of the item.  Please, if anyone can assist me I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.  Mint <Removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @MintJulip,

Sorry to hear you've had this experience. It sounds like you have reported this, we've reviewed your account and we’re satisfied that your account is secure and there has been no access by a third party. For this reason, it seems we're unable to proceed with your unauthorised payment claim. I can only suggest trying to work with the merchant to obtain a refund going forward. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

MintJulip
Contributor
Contributor
How do I contact them to receive a refund without a phone number or email? Thank you for replyingetting.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.