Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Negs
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I’ve started doing this same thing now, too.
Login to Me Too

Mat17

Me too - usually I am careful who I order from  - I was wrong to think if it was on FB it was legit.

Login to Me Too

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

Worst thing about this is it makes it seem PP is complicit in this fraudulent...I would think they are not, but appearances suggest otherwise!!!Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Karen11464
I ordered a product from this company and it is not as described. Company won't respond to my request for product return for refund. PayPal won't support me. I suggest not ordering from this company in China. Storm Media has products that are useless.
Login to Me Too

SAFFIRE56
Contributor
Contributor
A charge of $59 + showed up and no merchandise information. I’m disputing.
Login to Me Too

marcinozga
Contributor
Contributor

I also got scammed by them and Paypal sided with those thieves. I disputed it as soon as I saw bogus 35.96 charge on my account. Last rep at paypal I talked to was just a script monkey that kept asking me for a proof that I didn't do the purchase. How can you proof something that never happened? They'll hear from me again when I won't receive the item I didn't purchase in first place. My mistake was having paypal credit as default payment method, had it been credit card, bank would have reversed it without questions.

Login to Me Too

humbug49r
Contributor
Contributor

does anyone go to online discussions PayPal has on Wednesday to bring up our concerns?

Or is there a way we all can sign one letter, so PayPal can see the hundreds of their customers pleading for help? Storm Media will just change its name soon enough and start this crap all over again.  I agree if PayPal will not protect us and support us we need to do our online shopping  elsewhere. 

Login to Me Too

Beckyann1
Contributor
Contributor
I received one item I was charged for. It was a wallet. It is not worth the money they charged me. I would not have ever bought it had I known what poor quality it was However they managed to charge me for two more I didn't order. I haven't received them PayPal sided with them
Login to Me Too

truepic1025

I too am experiencing fraud with this company. I ordered from "One Last Mall" and realized my item was taking a long time to arrive. When I asked them where it was, I got a phony tracking number (DHL) who said they tried to deliver while I was at work. They 100% have not. I asked for a refund and they stopped writing.

I'm in the process of disputing and getting my $$ back.

Login to Me Too

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

They got me for more than $40 but PP doesn't seem to respond despite the fact more than 1,500 people have been defrauded...Is there any way to deal with an actual human at PP?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.