Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Beckyann1
Contributor
Contributor
Why didn't PayPal block pay to them then no problem
Login to Me Too

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that not only is Storm Media LTD a fraud, but Pay Pal is complicite... It's like 1500+ complaints and PP is still doing business with them...WTF!!!!????

Login to Me Too

nancy42
Contributor
Contributor
I am so stop. I just ordered a bra off fb, double checked that it was not Storm Media and when I get my PayPal notification email, I see, Storm Media. They are so crooked and PayPal does nothing about it. I am sure I will never receive this or be reimbursed by PayPal just like my night light order in January. Grrrrrrr
Login to Me Too

Hast
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same experience. I consider to end my engagement with PayPal because of this. I can't understand, why I don't get my money back, when Storm Media doesn't reply when I mail them telling them, I haven't received my purchase. Sad PayPal doesn't get going!

Login to Me Too

Tachauri
New Community Member
I have run into the same thing wirh Storm Media aka Lazylulliby. I ordered 2 pair of legging in January and what I received would fit a child. While waiting for a response regarding an exchange, I ordered 3 pair of a larger size in February and to date have received nothing. They do not respond ouside of giving a tracking number that comes up as invalid and a delivery date that has come and gone and nothing. As I work remote, I was available the date they stated and nothing was delivered. This place is scamming people and something should be done. I am not out 31.93 and 65.90. Never again.
Login to Me Too

I ordered the bras aswell and havent received them and my tracking # in invalid. I've emailed them twice but have nothing in return. Made a complaint w PayPal today.
Login to Me Too

MKInc
Contributor
Contributor

I reported the Storm Media scam to Paypal as a disputed transaction. I told Paypal that I never received my merchandise and that emails to Storm Media were bounced back by gmail as undeliverable because the email address was not valid. Paypal reviewed my claim and denied me because they say the company is not fraudulent.  It took another 3 attempts with Paypal customer support to change my dispute back to a "merchandise not delivered" dispute, and now I am waiting the 11 day grace period to see if Storm Media replies. I "may" get a refund the latest Paypal support person says.  This is the problem with Paypal, they act like a bank, but they are not held to the same standards as banks.

Login to Me Too

Suzbook
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased and paid,for 3 bras and have never received them. Why is PayPal or ebay allowing transactions with this company that has no follow through?
Login to Me Too

holleyeqp4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Storm Media, Surreal Unicorn, (more like Unreal Unicorn), total scammers. I ordered 3 bras, from a Facebook Ad, (which I never did before), April 30, 2019. PayPal paid them on April 30, 2019.

My first thought when I received a payment to Storm Media Limited was, who are these folks. I bought from neither of the two company's listed, I knew then, this was a scam. They sent a fake tracking #, and after 2 weeks and no valid tracking # I asked for my payment to be returned to PayPal and should the package find its way to my house, I will notify them and they can issue a paid return label and I'll throw it back on, The slow boat to China!  The replies just repeat the same thing,  Wait another 5-7 days to look up the tracking # and it is their #1 selling item so it may be delayed by the shipper. They cannot return my payment or take the package back. 

I am asking PayPal to return my payment from the scammers, after reading all of these fraud cases, WHY IS PAYPAL ALLOWING THESE SCAMMERS TO CONTINUE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!  WHY PAYPAL????? I am under the assumption that using PayPal is a guarantee that you won't get scammed???? This is ridicules to let this go on.  However, I will continue to go on.

Login to Me Too

Zee04
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, the company has no email address in order to verify if I am indeed going to receive the order PayPal paid them for. Perhaps those of us who got ripped off by this company and PayPal allowed it by paying them even though we all reported that we did not authorize the payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.