Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

llong3909
Contributor
Contributor

I am happy to report that Paypal is refunding me for two pair of pants I bought from Storm Media.

Login to Me Too

Labbmom
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I’ve had the same experience calling PayPal. I explained the number of complaints. I’m also very disappointed in their response. I probably won’t pay through PayPal again because of it.
Login to Me Too

Johnmyers
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is the problem!

I backed out before clicking on the “complete transaction” button and PayPal let it go thru. I had no chance to stop the order.

Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor
My experience exactly. Thought I’d dreamed it.
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I asked Paypal for help and they have refused. I'm so angry and disappointed. I hate being scammed. $36 down - money I should have spent more wisely.

Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor
Try calling your credit card company connected to your PayPal acct. They are reimbursing me for the Storm Media charge.
Login to Me Too

Kreggy86
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently they also go by "LazyLullaby", because I ordered an item and still haven't received any update e-mails since January 2nd when I was told that my order was on the way. My order was placed on December 28th, and the money was taken out of my bank account on December 31st under the name STORMMEDIAL. I have been e-mailing them since January, and keep getting told that it's on it's way. I have included part of my most recent e-mail from January 26th: 

"I have pulled-up your record and I do see your order which was placed on December 28, 2018. Please re-check the tracking site within 5-7 business days for an update regarding your shipment. If there would still be no update by then, feel free to get back in touch with us and we would gladly assist you."

Lesson learned!!

Login to Me Too

Lorette1
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happened to be this past February, ordered 2 items a few days apart and did not receive either. I disputed with PayPal. They just denied my dispute said Storm Media had tracking info which clearly did not have a sig. Very bad form of Paypal not to stand by us on this. Just won’t be using PayPal at all going forward. Very surprised at this service.
Login to Me Too

Dagmar1972
Contributor
Contributor
Very bad cases!
Login to Me Too

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I got scammed as well ... Purchased Feb. 26, 2019, and used my PayPal card ... No word and no way to reach them ... What can I do now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.