Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Evi_B
New Community Member

I ordered a hair straightener from them on 2 March and never received confirmation of my shipment. I filed a claim with PayPal on March 29. Then on 9 April, I escalated the issue because storm media never responded. I finally receive something in the mail from China two days later (11 April) and its practically a “toy hair straightener.” Not worth the money and definitely not worth the wait. PayPal has denied my case and there’s no way of opening another case on this issue. I want a refund but the email they provide continues to leave me with no responses after I email them. What am I supposed to do now? How can I get a hold of this company and why won’t paypal remove them from their services if they are causing so much trouble with the PayPal community?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Evi_B 

If your case was closed under Item Not Received, call customer service to appeal and change the reason to significantly not as described.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If PayPal decides that you did get what you ordered a hair straightener and your reason is more of buyer's remorse reason (change mind, don't like, doesn't fit, materially as described but not to expectations, etc.). They will deny your claim, although you can work with the seller to resolve it within the dispute but these guys in china don't speak English prolly and is why their customer service response is so bad of which your only recourse is to file a chargeback with your credit card issuer if you paid with a credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I see that there is a total mess with this company as well with PayPal which clearly support those scammers..

Get rid of both, that's my best advice for all you right now.

PayPal does not worth you as a customer of them.

Login to Me Too

StephanNOR
Contributor
Contributor

I also in the situation that I was stupid enough to buy a trouser and a belt. No big value but still. I`m surprised that so many users have report Storm Media Group here why does Paypal ban them? 

I guess that Paypal`s gurantee with money back if not received also is crap. But interesting learning. I really thought that paying with Paypal is a safe way to buy stuff on the WEB.

Login to Me Too

Beckyann1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered A wallet, was charged for three weeks ago and their email address is bogus. No phone number.Help! Don't use them!!!
Login to Me Too

humbug49r
Contributor
Contributor

here is the latest. Mere minutes when storm media took my money without a BUY NOW confirmed (PayPal was complicit) I wrote “cancel my order”.   Next day when storm media said “we are shipping your item” again I said CANCEL.

3 more times, I demanded a cancellation.   When I got today’s email, which said “your order was sent” I AGAIN said Cancel, but this time I got a pop up which said my email address was flagged by storm media’s server...and will not accept my mail.   What a bunch of jerks. 

Login to Me Too

Jyu
New Community Member
I just ordered a product through FB (I realize that was stupid) and was charged by Storm Media Limited on my new pay pal credit card for two when I ordered one. How do I have this corrected and is this company even legit ?
Login to Me Too

humbug49r
Contributor
Contributor

No you are not stupid.  I order off Facebook all the time,, zero problems.  I am furious PayPal doesn’t have our back

jan

Login to Me Too

humbug49r
Contributor
Contributor

These people are so sneaky.

I checked  out their website when I saw on FB some false fingernails they had.  I put the order in my cart, and was directed to PayPal. I went back to the site to confirm, but when I saw the high shipping rate, did NOT buy.  Imagine my surprise when I get an email receipt from PayPal to these guys.

I also got an email from PayPal requesting I “complete my order”, with the directive to PAY NOW.  Confused? Me too.  Then I wrote to Storm Media to cancel. Of course they ignored me when the next day they sent me a jolly email saying ‘we are busy happy beavers finalizing your order’.  Again I reply: CANCEL.  

I then opened up a dispute with PayPal. 

These guys are beyond scammers, they are thugs.

Login to Me Too

llong3909
Contributor
Contributor

What I've started doing after my experience with Storm Media is googling a company before I pay.  I wish I'd done this with Storm Media beforehand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.