Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pal will not help you sadly. They are aware of all of the complaints but are enabling this seller to keep defrauding consumers by allowing Paypal credit as a payment option

Login to Me Too

kimberlyfujioka
Contributor
Contributor

How do I talk to a human at PayPal? I’ve searched. 

I was scammed by Storm Media too. I filed a complaint with PayPal but they say I have to return the product to China. I need to talk to a human.

Login to Me Too

Amanda571
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it take? I opened the case on 2/3, escalated on 2/20.....per the rep, it will be a few more WEEKS! Weeks?! What??? Is that even real life in this day and age? 🤦‍♀️🤥
Login to Me Too

Ljtez0404
Contributor
Contributor
They took$95 from as well😡
Login to Me Too

mijolu3
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!!! $95 ?????? I would be livid, to say the least. Wow, I **bleep** about roughly $35!!!! What the heck were they claiming to sell for $95.00 ???? By the looks of your message, I’m guessing you didn’t get any of that $95 back???

Login to Me Too

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor

I lost 50

Login to Me Too

scubachick75
Contributor
Contributor
Same here - hoping PayPal will do something They are still at it. Ordered leggings from a Facebook app posed as LuzLullaby on Dec 30th, not had anything since ordering from them so did a bit of research and PayPal payment made to storm media, googled them and luz Lullaby and I’m horrified. I’ve opened a case to get my money back .... here’s hoping
Login to Me Too

bsj
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the same leggings from the FB app on Dec. 22 and a few days later received an email with the fake tracking number. When I clicked on the tracking # it took me to Fed Ex and had the message that there was no such tracking #. That's when I opened the case through PayPal. A week later I get an email from PayPal saying Storm Media sent them a tracking number for my item, and yes, it was the same fake tracking number. I called and spoke to a PayPal rep this morning and explained that it was the same fake tracking number, and I was told that in reviewing my case and the tracking #, they discovered it was linked to a "private shipping company" ?? Why doesn't that show up when I click on the tracking # instead of Fed Ex?  I'd love to know how they figured that out!  As the rep had me on hold, I went to this community thread and was shocked to see the number of complaints and cases involving Storm Media and its other alias company names. After being on hold, I told the rep that with 22+ pages of Storm Media complaints and cases dating back over a year ago , PayPal is part of the problem! When I order from a company offering PP as a method of payment, I'm much more comfortable doing so, because I know to a certain extent, PayPal has investigated the company enough to approve them as PayPal members, just as nonbusiness members go through the verification process. When I brought this to the rep's attention, she said she was going to send a request to the security department for review. I hope she meant it, but as it is with my open case, only time will tell.

Login to Me Too

sylvthe
Contributor
Contributor

I truly hope so. Paypal is not getting it. Denied my case stating storm media gave them a tracking #. This number cannot be found. I ordered something on the Nov 22 and then there were 3 more charges for $21.95. Got the items from the 22nd about a week ago. Needless to say the item is absolut junk. The other 3 items are still a no go and I cannot file anything. I guess I have to call them once again.

Hard to believe that paypal just plain ignores it.

Login to Me Too

Buffy141
New Community Member
I ordered the tights which took over a month to come and they are tiny I ordered xxl I don’t think they will even fit my 12 year old for the price I have paid for them they just came is a clear bag and packaging really not happy
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.