Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Ameliajoy429
New Community Member

How do I get refunded for 40 bucks worth of stuff ordered through Storm Media? I ordered a month ago and haven’t received it, just want a refund since I cannot contact the seller. Tami <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ameliajoy429 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shannon88
I want my money back how do I do that
Login to Me Too

Mimz2
Contributor
Contributor

You need to raise a dispute through PayPal.  Won't necessarily help though - PayPal have received a number of complaints and disputes about this company for a couple of years and yet they are still trading with them...

Login to Me Too

Mimz2
Contributor
Contributor

A year later and this company are still out there doing the same things.  I have raised a dispute through PayPal.  Company claiming item was delivered (3 months after the order with no communication in-between) and have even provided a tracking number - but I have never received the item.

They also go by the name of Lazy Lullaby.

It is shocking that they are still getting away with this despite the number of posts on this site and, now that I've done my homework, may others too.  PayPal need to stop doing business with them.

Login to Me Too

BrittaAstrup
Contributor
Contributor
Be aware dreamblessing is Storm Media Limited. And fraud Britta Astrup
Login to Me Too

BrittaAstrup
Contributor
Contributor

IT is the same compagny as Storm Media Limited. Totally fraud. Britta <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrittaAstrup 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BrittaAstrup
Contributor
Contributor
I have done that, made a case, with Storm Media Limited, because they are the one getting my mony for Notting. Do i have to do it with dreamblessing as well? Britta
Login to Me Too

nancy42
Contributor
Contributor
29.00 charge in Jan 2019. How do I get my money back from this company??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.