Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

AlanH68uk
Contributor
Contributor
They also trade as DREAM BLESSING on Facebook. I also made a purchase via FB and paid with PayPal 30th January 2019. I have not received my order and emailed dream blessing twice but all I get is apologetic email replies. I was charged 19.98usd (I live in the UK) which I think I have lost. Why does PayPal not block payments to this company. It shows in my activity history as payment to Storm Media Limited. They must be making a fortune from thousands of low priced payments for nothing.
Login to Me Too

TEGDIG
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I was just scammed by them. I was trying to buy an item that was advertised on their website. But I could not find what they charge for shipping. There was no contact information on the website so I couldn't even message them and ask them so I went ahead and clicked on PayPal hoping to find the shipping information, which I did at that time I decided not to complete the purchase so I never clicked on complete purchase or submit. 5 minutes later I got an email from PayPal showing that the purchase was completed. I went back and looked at their webpage and over and over and over again they had negative reports about people paying for items and never getting them or being charged for something they did not approve. The really interesting thing is they have the exact same website up on Facebook but are using a different name Kozy Korner I believe it is. And that website doesn't have all the negative post, YET! But I'm sure it will since it is the same dishonest Hong Kong company. But since I was charged by PayPal for an order that I never confirmed I'm wondering if PayPal is in on it? Why would they put through an order that was not confirmed? And it appears to me they've been plenty of complaints about this company to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

KV5
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone ordered from Storm Media?? I ordered and paid for merchandise in January and have not heard back from them
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KV5 

Read the forum and see the other thousand folks affected and then...............

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Omegagirl
New Community Member

I made a dispute to PayPal regarding my purchase (items came, but were totally broken and didn't work). StormMedia people emailed me and said they would resend the items and at the same time requested I send back to HongKong or someplace these items with tracking (which would have been 2x the amount of the actual items!)

PayPal didn't refund the money to me because I didn't send the items back... and OF COURSE StormMedia didn't send the products to me.

Login to Me Too

emira
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received their order from Storm Media.  I have been waiting over 5 weeks now and no sign of anything

Login to Me Too

SammyJ715
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, I ordered back in December last year and still have not received anything and paypal is not really helping.

Login to Me Too

JanKat
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered around the same time as you...and nothing. That's why I'm here as well. I an beginning a claim. Good Luck!!
Login to Me Too

BW1948
New Community Member

We ordered a no-pull dog harness from this company in January and on February 20th it said it shipped .  There was a tracking number and from what I could tell it was coming from China.  I see lots of complaints for this company.  Has anyone else ordered the dog harness and have they received it?  Luckily it was just under $23 so that is the good news.  It looks like I should be happy I did not give them my credit card number and information.  

Please do not order from them.  I will let you know if we ever receive it.

Regards.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BW1948 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.