Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Sharond642
Contributor
Contributor

They are the worse. I'll never order from then again.  I ordered 2 adult winter jackets.  Supposed to be buy one get one.  They sent me 2 cheap children's jackets even my neighbor's kids can't wear. Well, maybe the 4 yr old can wear the 2XL.  I bought it so large thinking I can layer sweaters and thermal under. Boy was I fooled.  They also sent me a face mask not ordered and was charged for 2.  Didn't order either. Did I tell you I ordered Dec 21st. Today is March 4th.  They also never respond to inquiries beyond it may take us a while to get back to you if you don't hear from us please send another email in 2 days. Phone calls not answered.  Never again!!! They are rip off artists for sure.  I hope they get shut down soon!!!

Login to Me Too

MerLynn87
Contributor
Contributor
I was clicking around on FB ads and storm media limited CHARGED me for two products when I never even hit submit!! I had my info in to see what shipping was and decided it was cheaper to order on amazon. I closed out windows and next thing you know I have charges for things I never actually completed purchases for. Been emailing them non stop to cancel my orders and I opened a dispute on here. Did anyone every get their money back or find a contact phone number?
Login to Me Too

Lexiladylv
New Community Member

I need assistance please to get a refund from Jan 20th of $53.92 from company Storm Media Unlimited. I can't figure how to contact this company for an order I never received.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lexiladylv 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Julietm1977
New Community Member
Hi all I paid for 3 pairs of leggings from this company on the 18th January 2019 and I’ve had no commufrom them at all ! How can I get my money back please ? It was $50.90 which is around £33 uk Sterling to me which I really cannot afford to loose ☹️Hey
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julietm1977 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tillieg
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Can someone advise what to do please? I did receive 3 of the floor mats eventually about 2 months after placing my order. It states that they are machine washable so I washed them on a gentle cycle but they came out flimsy & are now unusable. I’ve contacted storm media but they said they can’t offer a refund after the item has been received. To me the goods are faulty and I either want them replaced or want a full refund. Any ideas please? T.i.a.
Login to Me Too

missliz69
Contributor
Contributor
I bought 2 bras back in Dec.2018. The company was Lazy lullaby for $40.75,I never received the merchandise. After several attempts and no results, I looked up the company that debited my account. There it was, the word fraud blew me away. I live on a fixed income and that's a lot of money for nothing. What do I do next? ?
Login to Me Too

Cuonglam
Contributor
Contributor
I’m order 1 iden
Login to Me Too

Cuonglam
Contributor
Contributor
On 1/10/19 I ordered identical rollers stamp theft $23.96. It never came! They used another name to sell that thing! Be careful! FRAUD,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.