Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tank895,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get what you ordered. If the merchant hasn't been cooperative or communicative, you can open a dispute for Non-receipt

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Denise59
Contributor
Contributor
After starting a dispute I finally received my goods 4 months late. Rubvish, quality,not sized according to measurements given . No refund policy which I just assumed most reputable companies do now. Won't bother even trying
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Denise59,

I'm sorry to hear that! If your dispute is still open, you can change the type of dispute from Item not received to Item not as described. If the dispute is already closed but the transaction was less than 180 days ago, please contact customer service to allow them to appeal based on the change of circumstances. 

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Horse1145,

I'm sorry to hear that there's an unrecognized transaction on your account. It sounds like this particular company handles a lot of sub-companies, so when you shop with another company, it may show up as Storm Media. If you made a purchase around the same time as the transaction, that may be what it was for. If you believe that you did not make any purchase, please report the activity as unauthorized

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Laurms2286
Contributor
Contributor
This company is horrible. I ordered what were supposed to be heavy winter leggings for overnight $30 and what I received instead was a cheap piece of stocking. PayPal refused to help me get my refund even after I was told to ship the items back for another $30 to China. I’m out over $60 for nothing but a headache that’s been ongoing for months now. I tried contacting the company directly but have yet to hear back from anyone.
Login to Me Too

marlyons
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered some items the beginning of January and never received it even though they got paid.  Tried emailing but came back undeliverable.

Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
Just today I was refunded the charges by my bank. I filed a protest a couple of days ago with the bank. I've had no communication from them yet so I don't know the process. Good luck. I, like all, had no luck with PayPal or Storm Media.
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to Megan this evening and she has closed my case in my favour, and I should receive my full refund by Monday directly into my bank account.

She said they are aware of this company - so PLEASE everyone who has had a problem, pester paypal for a refund.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

dpars3031
Contributor
Contributor
I have yet to receive the 3 pair of leggings ordered Jan. 19, 2019. Money taken immediately. No contact from my emails first of February. Need my items or a refund.
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

RING Paypal and open a case.  Then the following week ring again and say you are totally fed up and demand a refund. Paypal are aware of this company, yet they still continue to trade with them. They need striking off.

Good luck x

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.