Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Wergund
Same thing here!
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered hooks off them but they then added other unordered items onto my order. So no products and seriously out of pocket! No online help from paypal - I will have to ring them. After reading all these other cases, it is really worrying. The problem is, they advertise under so many other names. My order was with a company called UPPA but on my receipt it is Storm Media. 

Login to Me Too

Julesguy
Contributor
Contributor
Gracious. I just did also on 2/8/19. Did you ever receive your bras?
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

Oh dear, like the rest of us, I'm sure you wish you had read all the comments on here before you ordered, as I'm sure you would not ordered off them! I hope you do receive them, but I would not hold up much hope, sadly. Paypal have finally helped me and my refund is now in my bank account but it has been a struggle to get a refund. RING paypal rather than open an online case. 

Login to Me Too

LaraUK

I have ordered the same and been given a tracking number which doesn't exist. I haven't received my order, it's been 3 weeks. I was speaking to someone at Paypal about a different transaction for the same company, and he has flagged this purchase and raised a dispute for me. He is investigating it. This company operates under several store names on facebook, which probably says a lot about the company. Beware. I am hoping to ask Paypal if they can block me from making any more purchases to this company accidentally. You don't know who you've paid until after you've paid.

Login to Me Too

Ebele
Contributor
Contributor
On the March 22nd 2019 at 7:25:43am CDT My PayPal was debited $22.97 by this so called storm media limited and the name of the store they display on Facebook is TVdeal..I was going through the fake product and I fall a victim..I did not receive any product..pls storm media return my money back..
Login to Me Too

Ebele
Contributor
Contributor
To my greatest disappointment I opened a case on PayPal and they said they cant trace any fruad...this is not right and I dont see the need have a PayPal account anymore
Login to Me Too

Dfoum
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so sorry. That's awful. After reading so many people being scammed by this STORM MEDIA LIMITED company over the course of at least a year and a half, I'm VERY RELUCTANT AND SUSPECT regarding PayPal allowance and involvement. Why in the world would PAYPAL STILL allow this company to do business with them? Probably will NEVER use PayPal again to make purchases. Just receive and send money to friends and family
Login to Me Too

mijolu3
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what I was wondering!!!! The funny thing is, I got my money back for the fraudulent charges that were placed on my debit card, but, today, I received the items that I was being charged for, even though I didn’t order them, and stopped all transactions going to them!!!!! I have NO IDEA why these 2 items (a lint catcher & pet hair remover) were mailed to me, it’s pretty bizarre.
Login to Me Too

Cclark0021
Contributor
Contributor

I also filed a claim and just a few days ago paypal closed it and sided with Storm Media. I was given incorrect items and totally scammed no help from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.