Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

It is shocking!

My best advance to everyone is to RING paypal. I found that emails just received a standard reply. However, speaking direct to someone, quickly solved my complaint and I have now received my refund. 

My items never arrived nor did I receive a promised refund for the overcharge by Storm Media - shockingly bad company.

Lesson learnt!

Login to Me Too

MKSinha
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like I also got trapped. I clicked on ad while playing solitaire and placed the order. While paypal confirmed the payment, I have not received a single communication from Storm Media till date even after 2 weeks since I placed the order. Sent an email today and will keep you all posted
Login to Me Too

AbuAlexi
Contributor
Contributor

About a month ago we bought Anti-Cellulite Compression Leggings from them thru ad on Instagram, paid thru PayPal. Haven't received anything not even a tracking number,no response to emails. So I just filed a claim with PayPal.

Paypal should block this company and stop all the transactions that are going to them. They are %100 a Fraud.

We all got scammed by them. 

Login to Me Too

75TAD
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  I didn't receive my leggings.  They were bought through Storm Media Limited.  -25.96 from my Paypal account.  I have an invoice and transaction ID.  What can be done?

Login to Me Too

Dlmorrow
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I guess I’m getting ripped off by them as well. I ordered a bra and never got a confirmation, so I guess I will never see it. PayPal should block these people from doing business through them. So sad, so mad!!!
Login to Me Too

Dfoum
Contributor
Contributor
I waited 2 months without any reply from storm media limited. Thankfully PayPal DID FINALLY refund my money
Login to Me Too

VampireLily
New Community Member

These people are HORRIBLE. When they finally responded to my emails, they made it sound as if it never shipped....they told me to keep waiting. That was over a month ago. Still nothing. AND the tracking number they gave me back in December for Canadian post doesn't exist.  It's taking PP over a month to refund me my money.

After seeing how many other Paypal members have been scammed by this company, can't Paypal ban them from using their services?

Login to Me Too

DL789
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from monmonland who were advertising on facebook, my payment went through paypal and was made to storm media... Item finally arrived and was nothing like what they advertised, monmonland had replied to my emails about arrival of product, until I received the item and complained it was nothing like what they were advertising... then it all stopped, got in touch with storm media no response, so opened a case ... have been told today that i lost my case ... the item i got was nothing like the advert and were no better than a cheap pair of leggings from primark... but paypal decided that were similar to the advert... only by being the same colour, nothing more ... so although i am upset with storm media i am more angry with paypal now as they dont seem to do anything about the poor quality of goods people are receiving where payment has gone through storm media ...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DL789

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kaylzj8610
Hi same issue. I received my item which was a pair of straighteners, they were nothing like advertised... I've emailed the company and no reply so it's now a dispute. Not holding much hope though as I haven't heard anyone that has won the case. I googled the page to see that it's a scam site?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.