Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

KathleenM
Contributor
Contributor
I did the very same thing. I dealt with a very understanding and compassionate person. When he asked me what I wanted to do ... I replied ‘I just want my money back’! AND I GOT IT BACK! You have to CALL and talk to a real person!!!!
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, sorry to say - I wouldn't hold much hope.

I'm reading more & more people who have used this company (trading under various names) and being let down by them, but PAYPAL STILL DO NOTHING!!

Login to Me Too

catsy05
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ashley, I have also tried to cancel an order 3x from these and no replies. I have just been told it’s a scam company. How do I go about getting the transaction reversed?
Login to Me Too

Punkin1942
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, catsy05, Storm Media Limited is a fraud!  You can get to a particular transaction by going to your debits and credits pages.  Click on Storm Media Limited in any payment box and it will give you information you can use to get a refund as well as having them cancel your subscription.

Login to Me Too

Stefanogorgeri
Contributor
Contributor
Non ho ricevuto nulla
Login to Me Too

Islas-nanny
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a watch on 8/3/19 not heard a word from them, but the £17.41 has been paid by PayPal 

Login to Me Too

Rarity1
Contributor
Contributor

I just got Rip out by Storm Media and now im getting ripped off by Pay Pal RIGHT NOW they are PROTECTING THIS COMPANY TO BAD No one sees this until its too late

Login to Me Too

Rarity1
Contributor
Contributor

Storm Media Riping me off was bad enough , THEN PAL PAL refused to issue refund THEY ARE SUPPORTING FRAUD

Login to Me Too

roeann
Contributor
Contributor

If I am reading correctly almost 1700 folks have been scammed by this company .. and I suspect there are more who simply haven't checked in.  Why does Paypal even deal with them?  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roeann 

Down to percentages I guess.

1700 ripped off but maybe 70000 that have not been?

As long as a company is making paypal money they will deal with them.

When the time comes that they are paying out more under buyer protection than receiving as a profit from the company then they may re-consider.

Also you have to remember these Chinese companies change names and start trading under another name every now and then and so they can basically 'start over'.

The tip is to beware of social media as Chinese companies sell on there, if its a website then it will look as if its in your country but there will be no 'return policy' (as the return depot is China) and the only 'contact' will be an email address + great photos + very cheap prices = Chinese tat Smiley Frustrated  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.