Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

waltern31
Contributor
Contributor

Got a charge for $25 and change from Storm Media, and got a talking Hamster...LOL Did not order this item, changing my password. Who are these people????? Location is in California, some warehouse found that on Google earth. The acctual address was 17930 Ajax Cir, city of Industry CA 91748.

Login to Me Too

Wenzz29
Contributor
Contributor

Hi has anyone gotten their money back from storm media through paypal ir how do you stop them from taking more money from your account.

Login to Me Too

kasey5356

On Dec. 23, 2018 I placed an order with a company called LazyLullaby for FLEECE-LINED LEGGINGS.  Having recently had a heart attack on on a blood thinner, which makes me feel cold all the time, I thought this would be a good item because I don't have a car and need to walk 2 1/2 blocks to the pharmacy to get my meds.  I paid with PayPal, which showed the amount of money $18.96 going to a company called Storm Media Limited.  I believe these names and possibly others are part of a multi-layered fraudulent business set up to sell highly inferior products which originate out of China.  When you read the Terms of Service for LazyLullaby it states the only recourse if you are unsatisfied with the product you have purchased, is to return the item.  On the Facebook page for LazyLullaby, under their INFO page, it states the Facebook page is run by employees in China and the Phillippines.  I received my item which was DEFINITELY NOT as pictured in the video advertisement for it - it was damaged with holes in the material and strings hanging from the holes, from a different company called Modern Boutique INC in the City of Industry, California.  There was no packling/return slip inside the plastic envelope.  LazyLullaby states you have to deal with people in Hong Kong, China to get the problem resolved.  Being it is such a small amount of money (not so small to someone like me living on social security), it would not be cost effective to deal with anyone in China. From other reviews I've read on all the above companies, they don't respond to emails hardly ever and when they do, it's vague and then they never get back to those with disputes.  I feel positive the root company of the multi-layer set up is making tons of money sending out inferior goods a month or more after the order is placed and will continue to do so.   The only thing I recommend doing, is when a website advertises something for sale, go to their website and read about their Terms of Service - READ THE WHOLE THING.   That's how I discovered this is a Chinese operation to scam people out of their money selling cheap, mostly unusable products.   No one, including PayPal is going to help get our money back, so don't waste your time and give yourself more frustration and aggravation by trying to do so.  It's pointless and useless.   Hard lesson to learn.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kasey5356

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
I was thinking of ordering some items online and went through the process to the last page. When I got to the last page the prices were different so I closed out the page without ordering. A little bit later I received an email from PayPal that I had authorized a payment to Storm Media Ltd. I did no such thing. The actual supplier is called We Go Goat and they are refusing refund after first saying it was a site error. I sent and email to Storm Media with no reply. I also notified PayPal who responded that the charges fit my online profile.
Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
Only one of the items was delivered which I immediately returned to sender. Shame on you PayPal
Login to Me Too

melnicstan
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience with the unwanted purchase, only I went through a fruitless and frustrating process of trying to negotiate with the customer service team about cancelling the sale. They agreed to do it but never followed through. Disappointing that PayPal did not back you up - I can see there's no point wasting my time contesting the charges if they just wave it off as something I am likely to purchase!

Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
I was looking online at some items and had put 2 in the cart. When I got to the check out page the prices were different. I closed the page without completing the order. Shortly after I received and email from PayPal that I had authorized a payment of 25.97 to Storm Media. They company with the items is We Go Goat and I have been in contact with them and they say it was a site error and they will check on refund. I received items yesterday and I recontacted then and they offered a discount. I requested a refund. I contacted PayPal and they say the charges fit my online shopping profile. Regardless I did not order these items and consider it a theft of my funds. How do I resolve this matter?
Login to Me Too

Pikes
New Community Member

I ordered ACNE SCAR REMOVER CREAM on SEPTEMBER 25, 2018 under PayPal put reference c4853727756353.1, I was charged for USDollars 23.95. Until now, I have not received anything, in spite of many follow ups and reminders in email, kindly return my money asap

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pikes

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.