cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I have posted over and over again to contact PayPal and talk to a rep about this. I don't understand why no one reads it and follows through on doing it.

I was Web surfing for a friend concerning the talking hampster and because I opened up my paypal account to check to see what the tax and mailing cost would be for the hampster, Storm Media Limited claimed I purchased the toy. In this (my) case, the talking hampster was handled by 5to9Vivid. I contacted 5to9Vivid and paypal and told them I didn't order the toy and after a couple correspondents with both 5to9Vivid and paypal, paypal agreed with 5to9vivid that I did purchase the talking hampster. 5to9Vivid told me after making me an offer to keep the talking hampster which I refused, would stop the order and refund the cost to me. That was back in December 2018. That did not happen! I am so upset with Paypal for not helping me stop the (unauthorized order) and helping me with the refund. I see through this site that paypal has allowed companies to sell fraudulent merchandise and get away with it. This really disappoints me. I have made many purchases using paypal. I am considering closing out my account with them. So, I finally did receive the talking hampster in the mail and noticed my credit card account has not been credited by 5to9Vivid. I opened the package that came from Tom Pan Modern Boutique Inc. in California 91784 who sent the talking hampster to me and I attempted to see how it worked. It took three batteries and it will not turn off. The switch does not work. Now I have an item that cost me $25.96 that does not work properly. 

I looked at an item from Storm Media but when I saw the shipping cost to Scotland I can out if the site, yes they charged me for something I didn't order and PayPal gaily handed them my money! I used PayPal s lot and thought they were trust worthy........not any more! It's disgraceful that they allow a fraudulent company to operate through them, I'm disappointed and furious!

The same happened to me. No help from seller or PayPal. I filed a dispute with my bank and PayPal refunded my money after the bank contacted them labeling it unauthorized. Good luck
New Community Member

I just had the same happen. They keep saying that USPS is waiting for my order. And each time they give a different date.
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. Who is saying they're waiting on USPS for the package? AGAIN, call PayPal speak to a rep. PayPal has the capability to resolve this issue for you. They can't help you with something they aren't aware of.
Tags (1)

I have been in touch with PayPal and they emailed back saying there was no case and the case was closed!

I did purchase from them, but have not received any confirmation from them or my purchase.
Contributor

You won't receive a confirmation from them. They never send one. They probably will send a tracking #, that more than likely can't be tracked. I personally think it's just a made up # they enter off the tops of their heads and to make the customer think that their doing something. They're doing something all right. They've taking your money, keeping it, letting it accrue interest for them and in most cases banking on another stupid American to do nothing about them ripping them off! It's just as aggrivatingly simple as that. AGAIN! CALL PAYPAL Place a case against Storm Media! The only way this Chinese businessman is eventually stopped is to continue to expose him! IF PayPal denies your case after you've done every they've told you to do then call again and ask for the denial to be reviewed. Make sure you take screen shots of all transactions with PayPal regarding your interaction with them. This way when you talk with them you can back it up with the screenshots. That's what I did and my denied case was overturned within a couple of minutes talking to a rep. Then I filed for the refund of paid postage from PayPal which is just under transaction on the activity screen. I was refunded my return postage too! Don't just shrug your shoulders and say ole' well!

Remember this Co has a PayPal account! CALL PayPal and open a complaint against the Co!!! Should be against SOME LAW SOMEWHERE about the way these people conduct business! As a small business owner (who uses PayPal) things NEED TO CHANGE!! This is not right! It’s your money, you worked hard for it... don’t let these (cheap, foreign) companies rip you off! Buy local! Buy American Made!