cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I had also ordered the same item. When they didn’t come I called PayPal and requested a refund. It took another week but I got a refund and an apology. CALL THEM! Apparently it is more effective than complaining on line. I spoke with a very understanding representative who asked the right question.... ‘what would you like to happen now?’ I told him I wanted my money back! The best thing to come out of this? I learned to NEVER again order something from a facebook ad!! Good Luck 🤞
Contributor

Yay! As I said on here over and over call PayPal. They can't do anything to help you IF YOU DON'T CALL.
Highlighted
Contributor

Exactly! Complaining here does nothing. You have to call PayPal
Contributor

Call PayPal! Placing a complaint on here doesnt do anything. IF you call then PayPal can register the complaint against Storm Media and most likely reimburse you. I think you'll be more apt to be refunded your money if you do.
Tags (1)
Contributor

I have posted over and over again to contact PayPal and talk to a rep about this. I don't understand why no one reads it and follows through on doing it.

I was Web surfing for a friend concerning the talking hampster and because I opened up my paypal account to check to see what the tax and mailing cost would be for the hampster, Storm Media Limited claimed I purchased the toy. In this (my) case, the talking hampster was handled by 5to9Vivid. I contacted 5to9Vivid and paypal and told them I didn't order the toy and after a couple correspondents with both 5to9Vivid and paypal, paypal agreed with 5to9vivid that I did purchase the talking hampster. 5to9Vivid told me after making me an offer to keep the talking hampster which I refused, would stop the order and refund the cost to me. That was back in December 2018. That did not happen! I am so upset with Paypal for not helping me stop the (unauthorized order) and helping me with the refund. I see through this site that paypal has allowed companies to sell fraudulent merchandise and get away with it. This really disappoints me. I have made many purchases using paypal. I am considering closing out my account with them. So, I finally did receive the talking hampster in the mail and noticed my credit card account has not been credited by 5to9Vivid. I opened the package that came from Tom Pan Modern Boutique Inc. in California 91784 who sent the talking hampster to me and I attempted to see how it worked. It took three batteries and it will not turn off. The switch does not work. Now I have an item that cost me $25.96 that does not work properly. 

Contributor

I looked at an item from Storm Media but when I saw the shipping cost to Scotland I can out if the site, yes they charged me for something I didn't order and PayPal gaily handed them my money! I used PayPal s lot and thought they were trust worthy........not any more! It's disgraceful that they allow a fraudulent company to operate through them, I'm disappointed and furious!
Contributor

The same happened to me. No help from seller or PayPal. I filed a dispute with my bank and PayPal refunded my money after the bank contacted them labeling it unauthorized. Good luck
New Community Member

I just had the same happen. They keep saying that USPS is waiting for my order. And each time they give a different date.
Contributor

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. Who is saying they're waiting on USPS for the package? AGAIN, call PayPal speak to a rep. PayPal has the capability to resolve this issue for you. They can't help you with something they aren't aware of.
Tags (1)