Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

bj77
New Community Member

I ordered a product on November 30. It was paid same day. I've sent email but no response. It was storm media and the order number was 4492 5769 1273 9204. Would appreciate any help on this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bj77

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Peacemakermomma
Contributor
Contributor

If Storm Media is all over this Blog for fraud why hasn't PayPal reported them and had them shut down yet? And most importantly why didn't they automatically notify me of this the second they saw the charge on my account and post a refund? I smell a class action lawsuit in our future!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peacemakermomma

Is your card issuer responsible in who you choose to purchase from?

Does your credit card company stop doing business with companies if they get some complaints?

Whilst Storm Media has had loads of bad press it may well be that we only hear the bad and they have many more good transactions.

Its up to you to risk assess who you choose to buy from. 

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection and that protection can never be a 100% coverall, the rest is up to you.

Personally if you see a web site with 0 contact info apart from email + 0 location info + bargain prices = cheap tat from China.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Peacemakermomma
Contributor
Contributor

I posted this morning in regards to being scammed by a company by the name of Storm Media. I was a bit shocked by the response I was given by a "volunteer advisor". This person obviously did not a single bit of research on this matter before spouting an attack on my intelligence. I hope and pray that they have gifts to open tomorrow...because my children won't.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peacemakermomma

Didn't appreciate the advice given on here then did you???

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Scammers/m-p/1692209

Don't need to do 'research' to give an opinion to which I was perfectly entitled to do so in the below thread.

My reply whilst you may not like it was perfectly accurate in why its up to you to risk assess who you buy from.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Storm-Media/m-p/1692372

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
Fraud charges to pay pal acct
Login to Me Too

Ernesta1
New Community Member
I have the same problem 😡no idea how to contact them 😕
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I've addressed this on many replies regarding these situations with Storm Media and their aliases. IF YOU WILL call PayPal and speak to a rep, they will give you the information you need to contact Storm Media. Make sure you keep screenshots of all your doing to contact them. Also, do Everything that PayPal tells you to do and make screenshots of everything there too. If you file a case against Storm Media through PayPal, whatever you do, DO NOT CLOSE THE CASE AGAINST STORM MEDIA started by PayPal. If you do, PayPal then considers the case against Storm Media closed and resolved, and will not reopen it. I filed a case with PayPal against Storm Media the information given me such as email address was bogus and my emails were returned as invalid email Address. I was given a physical address to return the products I had purchased from Storm Media and was told by PayPal that once Storm Media had confirmed I had returned their merchandise that I would be refunded in full for my purchase. I had to take pictures of my post office receipts showing they were returned and amount I paid in postage. However, Storm Media stated that I had not returned their merchandise and PayPal refused to give me my refund and my case was closed. I was informed this by an email by PayPal. I then called Paypzl and spoke to a rep, named Josh. I explained the situation and that I had followed their instructions to the letter and didn't understand why my refund claim by Storm Media was denied. Josh asked me to hold for a few minutes. He came back online and told me that it was obvious that Storm Media had not complied with their return regulations through PayPal. He said that he tried the tracking # that Storm Media had given them and it was bogus, and the fact I had sent them everything they needed to prove their merchandise was returned I was refunded in full by PayPal. I was then instructed to file with PayPal for return postage paid to send the merchandise back to Storm Media in China. There is a refund of return postage under the transaction in your activity log with PayPal. I filed for return postage and uploaded the picture of my postal receipt to them and had my return postage return with less than a week. It takes some effort on your part as the buyer to demand a refund, file the case with PayPal and then return the defective product back to Storm Media and its aliases. If everyone just shrugs this company off and doesn't demand a refund from them, then they will keep doing this and using PayPal as their gateway to defraud unsuspecting patrons. File the claim through PayPal and don't let Storm Media keep getting away with this!
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor

For those not given a return address to return merchandise to Storm Media and aliases is: Storm Media <removed> Hong Kong China SAR Amount of postage you have to pay to return your merchandise to them will depend on its weight. Make sure you send a screen print of the transaction #'s associated with your purchase from Storm Media and withdrawal from your PayPal account. File the case with PayPal against Storm Media prior to making any return or you'll be totally **bleep** and have nothing, no money returned and Storm Media will have your money and their merchandise to resell to another unsuspecting buyer. Also take several pictures of your postal receipts with the tracking # and address label attached. Keep it with your records just in case Storm Media claims you never made a return to them. This WILL BE YOUR ONLY PROOF you did the return to them. Hope this helps those who were taken by Storm Media.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.