Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
How is this company dissolved when it's still doing business and taking peoples money for items being sold through different media sites? Interesting!
Login to Me Too

fiadm5
Contributor
Contributor
😡😤😩 they got me too
Login to Me Too

latsegairam
New Community Member

I created a PayPal account simply to purchase one book. I have no problem with that order.

The problem I have is that on the same day, I was charged double the amount I paid for the book by STORM MEDIA LIMITED who I have never heard of until now, and who I have never ordered anything from. Proof of this is that in my PayPal account there is only the one order I placed and for which I created the account in the first place.

So, here are my questions:

Who the hell are these people? 

How did they get access to my bank details to charge me €36.94  for nothing?

Why is this happening through PayPal?

Is PayPal going to reimburse that money, as I only authorised THEM to charge me €16 euros for a book that has nothing to do with STORM MEDIA LTD?

I have contacted PayPal and the reply I got was to go to the claims sections and make a complaint on the order I'm having a problem with. The problem is, I didn't place the order, so it's not in my account. 

Login to Me Too

sylvthe
Contributor
Contributor

They charged me 3 times $20.91 and 1 time $15.98. I did not even order anything. PAypal denied my case. Filed another one for item not recieved but paypal only let me do 1 claim not all 4 of them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sylvthe

Phone and appeal?

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sylvthe
Contributor
Contributor

No, I pad with paypal. No credit card, otherwise I would not post here if I would of not used paypal what is unfortunatly linked to my bank account or was at the time, no longer.

I contacted them a million times and never got a feed back. When I fiannaly did I got an e mail a few seconds later to disregard it it was not meant for me. Ever since I have not got a response.

Login to Me Too

sylvthe
Contributor
Contributor

In addition I filed a claim with paypal. I was traveling the day in KY with no internet connection. My i pad is only on wifi so it could of not ordered anything on it's own while in my travel bag. The claim got denied by paypal. Then I got a tracking number from a Canadian location that never excisted all it had was number that did not lgive a result.I had no idea that I shoud of not accept it. Paypal is obviously aware of the frauf of this compay and goes not stop it. Very sad.

Login to Me Too

TSB2
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered from this company at the beginning of December but I have never recieved the product. What do I do?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TSB2

Click on the payment transaction and click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TSB2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help. I followed your advice and found an email address for them so I sent an email enquiring after the product order. If I don't receive any communication from them then I will file a claim.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.