Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

cohrazda
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 3 bras from them - they sent me a tracking number which is not recognized. I tried to file a complaint through paypal's resolution center and I get the following message: 

Unable to complete your request

We're unable to file a case for this transaction. You can contact the Customer Service team for further queries.

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Then contact customer service like the response says.
Login to Me Too

Nancyginger
Contributor
Contributor
Well I went to read all the feedback and should have read that first. How come on Facebook there are so many people who say they received them and they love them I ordered some sticky pads and some comfort bras. I am going to go make claims with PayPal now even though it's only been since December 3rd and December 13th. I assume I will never see these products and they don't send any email confirmation of your order. It's too bad that Facebook let's please fraud people advertise there are legitimate people with legitimate products on Facebook but they also allow these scammers.
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Nancyginger, There is always the question of what Storm Media will or won't do. They're very haphazard in their handling of purchases from them. Sometimes they mail the merchandise and it arrives several months later as it's sent the cheapest way possible from China. Once you receive it there is no return information or invoice with the packaging making returns for their inferior products almost impossible. The next thing they do is they enter a bogus tracking # into the tracking information making it virtually impossible to track your purchased item from them. I contacted PayPal and was given an address for the company and the name of the man who owned it. I then did a screen shot of my transaction information on PayPal with Storm Media and enclosed it with the return I was sending back to them. I received a email from PayPal indicating my case was denied as Storm Media claimed I hadn't returned the items as they requested. I then called PayPal and spoke to a rep who patiently listened to me while I explained that I had returned the items and had done everything that they instructed be done to get my refund from Storm Media. I was placed on hold for a couple of minutes and the rep informed me that my denial was being overturned as he could see that I had submitted everything they requested to verify that I returned the items to Storm Media. What proved the issue with PayPal regarding Storm Medias fraudulent actions was that the rep tried the tracking number they issued for the merchandise they sent me and it didn't work. They then entered mine for the return to them and it showed that it had been received even though Storm Media claimed they never received it. I was refunded by PayPal for my purchase and shipping charged by Storm Media. I was then informed by PayPal to file for return shipping to Storm Media which can be found under the transaction number on your activities page. So, I received 100% reimbursement through PayPal. It can be done, you just have to be persistent and keep copies of everything you do to prove you've complied with their guidelines.
Login to Me Too

puggie23
Contributor
Contributor

Danna24, can u please give the info on how to return a item to Storm Media? I got a sports bra that im trying to return, i wished i seen all these things on them before i bought it, the bra is supposed to be a 2x but believe me it is clearly a small or even xsmall !!! thanks so much

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Since Storm Media uses so many aliases besides Storm Media, it's best that you contact PayPal directly to get the return address of where you purchase needs to returned to. Also, get their email address. If, I can find my Post Office receipt, where I returned mine I will post it for you. You will need to file a case with PayPal to return your item to Storm Media. Also make sure you follow everything that PayPal requires for returning your item. Take screen shots of EVERYTHING from PayPal and should you get anything from Storm Media. Praying things will work out well for you regarding your return.
Login to Me Too

puggie23
Contributor
Contributor

Danna24, thanks

Login to Me Too

Lozza621
Contributor
Contributor
I have bought goods of them and they have not arrived. Emails to storm not being delivered. Disappointed in PayPal as not getting any support from them either. Going to cancel account.
Login to Me Too

Rayvencollins
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing! Damn sports bra size XXL and it's a small! I laughed so hard when I got it and gave it away. I didn't complete purchase but was charged and they sent it anyways. It took months to get it. Damn Chinese companies. Just happened again with a corset but when I realized it was same company I made a case about it. I hope they refund my money!
Login to Me Too

Me4666
I have the same problem😵
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.