Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I added the address of where to return items to Storm Media and PayPal removed it saying I violated there policies and procedures. Contact PayPal directly and they can give you the information to return your items to Storm Media. If everyone keeps shrugging their shoulders and not demanding a refund with the assistance of PayPal, then Storm Media will continue their buyers fraud against PayPal users.
Login to Me Too

WifeOfLowell
New Community Member

@Jean54 wrote:

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

I have same problem. I paid by PayPal on Nov 30 and receive from them nothing, even confirm of purchase from the company. These are what I orderedThese are what I ordered

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Wife of Lowell, please read my post right above yours. Contact PayPal ask for the information you need to find out what you supposedly bought. The contact information of the seller, meaning email address and return address, and the tracking # they have on file for this transaction. Storm Media has been doing these Fraudulent transactions through PayPal for a few years and will continue to get away with it if you don't demand action from PayPal about resolving it. They can and they will if you file a case, follow PP's instructions and DO NOT CLOSE THE CASE FILED WITH PAYPAL or you will lose all previous info you sent them to prove your case against Storm Media/ aliases. If everyone that has been taken by Storm Media just shrugs it of and says "oh Well" just think of the profit this Chinese company is making. The US dollar in China brings in far more money for them than their Yen does. Therefore, they want to hold onto your US currency as long as possible to double or triple their earnings and interest. Don't let them get away with this!
Login to Me Too

cohrazda
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to resolve it through my credit card company = this does not help those that have been scammed and used paypal or a debit card. Paypal needs to block them  I am done with online offers and anything from international sellers

Login to Me Too

scubachick75
Contributor
Contributor
Lesson learnt here too, unfortunately it was debit card
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
It's my understanding that Debit cards issued through a banking institution are regarded just like a credit card. Contact your bank to help you with refund.
Login to Me Too

KathleenM
Contributor
Contributor
I have also opened a complaint with these scum-of-the-earth people! Paid for a cat toy ( talking hampster) they took my money but have never acknowledged my purchase or contacted me with shipping information . Nothing! Nada! Pay pal should be screening out these deadbeats!!! Hold them accountable!! After reading all these complaints I am blown away!!! I thought using paypal protected us lowly consumers from the scumbags out there☹️. BBB site lists this company as dissolved. SHOP LOCAL... **bleep** THESE CHINESE COMPANIES!!
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Again, I've repeatedly warned people under the online ads on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest about ordering from these companies mainly Storm Media and its aliases and people still continue to purchase from them. As you said, PayPal should screen for these so called companies especially because their shady business dealings are a reflection on them as well. Why they don't is a question yet to be answered. Then for them to make it so hard for their clients to be reimbursed for items these companies have fraudulently used to obtain funds is unconscionable. Obviously there is a underlying reason that PayPal won't sever their business dealings with them. Usually the underlying reason is financial gain. At this point, I think it would be wise for PayPal to set up a corporate task force that would do nothing but handle all the claims of fraud linked to this one company and it's spanned aliases of Storm Media. If PayPal continues to ignore what's happening they're starting down the Barrel of a loaded gun called in legal terms a "class action lawsuit." There are enough complaints just in this forum alone to get it looked onto and set into motion. Something just isnt right and it's just a matter of time for PayPal to get called on the carpet as to why their allowing this to continue. BTW, the talking hamster your talking about can be found on Amazon. I sent my great niece one last year for her birthday and because it was from Amazon it was insured should anything happen to it and could easily be returned for a full refund. Not something that usually happens with Storm Media or their aliases.
Login to Me Too

Ladee
Contributor
Contributor
I did not realize it was them I was ordering from. I do not buy from China for a reason! Where is it that these warnings are?
Login to Me Too

fiadm5
Contributor
Contributor
and Facebook should not allow them to advertise there!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.