Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Ted14
New Community Member

Mine has not arrived either, so i have started a case with Paypal. It appears the product is a massive scam anyway .

Login to Me Too

JoBo-73
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a super duper cleaning tablets on a 4.08, if anything they should be already delivered, but there’s no sign of them- no email about posting , nor physical item! Reading all your comments made me think- it most likely is a scam and I just lost the money! Anyone has the same problem?

Login to Me Too

paulmarks
New Community Member

I waited a month then contacted paypal . Lo and behold they turned up next day !!!! on trying them we found them to be a complete waste of money . cant find the site where I ordered from

Login to Me Too

Paparpim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , I had ordered from Storm media limited since 7/07 Still waiting for items . Does anyone have the same problem? What should I do? Can I get refund? Paparpim

Login to Me Too

asergent
New Community Member
I'm disputing a claim with Storm Media & because they've provided PP with a tracking # (that's completely bogus btw) it's looking like I'm just out my money. DO NOT USE STORM MEDIA, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY! They have hundreds of claims & complaints from PP users but nothing is being done about it.
Login to Me Too

lawsonspace

I also placed an order through FaceBook for Storm Media on May 24, 2018 and opened a dispute with PayPal on August 1, 2018. On August 9, 2018 I received an email from PayPal stating Storm Media sent them a tracking number. I also had that tracking number and tracked it many times and it always said it had not been received by the post-office a "pre-shippment" of sorts. I replied to PayPal stating "did you even track it yourself?" no reply. Miraculously I just received the package TODAY 8/23/18 imagine that! Persistence paid off!  I will never order anything from "Storm Media" however, they sell under so many other names you wont know it till the charge is on PayPal. I guess I'll quit ordering off of FaceBook as you never know who you are paying... 

Login to Me Too

lynnstrange56
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered some of them effevessant tablats that are being advertised all over Facebook under all different names and still waiting delivery of these not impressed with the service so far and have never seen so many adverts for one item in so many names
Login to Me Too

Concerned5
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else purchased a product from Storm Media Limited and not received it? I have researched on-line and they say it is fraud! Why would Pay Pal condone this activity?

Login to Me Too

jodyos
Contributor
Contributor

I had an issue where I ordered something and Storm Media was the fulfillment merchant. However the product shipped from China and didn't include instructions on how to use it (making it 100% useless).  I tried to contact the merchant - they didn't respond. So I filed a Paypal dispute and paypal insists I return the defective product in order to get the refund.  Ordinarily, that's a very reasonable request.  HOWEVER, the cost of shipping from China to the US is significantly less than shipping from here back to China.  So I would need to pay between $24 for a verified and tracked shipping method (because paypal won't refund me without giving them a tracking number) to receive a $19 refund.  

The lesson here is: anything you order off a social media promotion where the price seems too good to be true is probably being shipped from China -- that's the only way the economics of shipping it would even work.

Which means you won't be able to return it.  

And for the love of god, don't use PayPal for transactions like this because they will NEVER go to bat for their buyers.  There is literally only one reason I still have a paypal account and that is to be able to post warnings like this.  

Login to Me Too

Samagate3011
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is DISGUSTING that paypal are taking no responsibility or interest in this subject!!  ive lost over £50 uk money from this fraud set up!!  I tried to complain and tried to set up a dispute but got nowhere with paypal and they just closed my complaint.  I can see im not the only one who has been affected by this.  paypal should at least ban them from ever being able to sell anything via them or let anyone pay any funds to them.  they must have made £1000's from us UK persons!!!!

Sam Agate

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.