Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Don't email PayPal. Call them and discuss your issue with a rep. I did and it resulted in my denied case being overturned and I WAS refunded for my purchase with Storm Media and my return postage.
Login to Me Too

Jo197103
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks again 😀
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Your welcome!
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Oh my! Sorry to see this. Your problem was you closed the claim. Storm Media KNOWS that once you close a claim with PayPal you can't reopen it or obtain any further information on a item you purchased through them I strongly suggest you contact PayPal by phone and talk to a rep. I thought I was going to be out what I paid for the items and return postage. I spoke with a rep named Josh and I showed him followed their guidelines concerning information needed to file a claim and prove that I returned the items. I did everything they outlined yet my case was still denied. Storm Media claimed that I didn't return the merchandise, yet I had my postage receipt. The rep kept me on hold for 10-15 seconds and came back on the line and told me I had been refunded In full for my purchase. They also have a refund of shipping charges too which you can find the toggle right under the transaction toggle. This allowed me to be reimbursed my return postage. You can use the refund of return postage up to 12 times per year if you used PayPal to pay for the item. Try contacting PayPal, as I said by phone, not email. I believe you'll find it makes a world of difference when having to deal with Storm Media.
Login to Me Too

Jo197103
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice. It’s not so much the amount of money it’s the fact they have been so obviously underhand about it. It’s made me wary of buying online now
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I respectfully disagree with you. It should be about both the money and the principal of the whole thing! Storm Media is making some serious money off of the fraudulent transactions they're making with PayPal customers. There is a big difference in the money exchange between the US and China. The US dollar is worth much more in China than here. This company is laughing up their sleeves at the Americans who they feel won't do anything to file for a refund and return of the postage. They lie about the items being returned and issue bogus tracking #'s. They also have numerous names they sell under. All of it meant to defraud and pad their accounts and restock their inventory! The only way to stop them is to demand a refund and postage to return their inferior dollar store merchandise. DON'T let them get away with it!
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I respectfully disagree with you. It should be about both the money and the principal of the whole thing! Storm Media is making some serious money off of the fraudulent transactions they're making with PayPal customers. There is a big difference in the money exchange between the US and China. The US dollar is worth much more in China than here. This company is laughing up their sleeves at the Americans who they feel won't do anything to file for a refund and return of the postage. They lie about the items being returned and issue bogus tracking #'s. They also have numerous names they sell under. All of it meant to defraud and pad their accounts and restock their inventory! The only way to stop them is to demand a refund and postage to return their inferior dollar store merchandise. DON'T let them get away with it!
Login to Me Too

Jo197103
Contributor
Contributor
Yes you are correct about that. A lot of small purchases end up a big wad of cash at the end of the day.
Login to Me Too

Susiebren
Contributor
Contributor

How do I contact company...I payed through PayPal $19.96 What do I do now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.