Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

cltg
Contributor
Contributor

They most likely were investigated or had so many complaints their business was failing so hence the name change. They aren't the first company to do this. I have reported them to BBB, Consumer Affairs, Federal Trade Commision, Florida  Attorney General, Trustpilot.com and with FBI using the Complaint Referral Form Internet Crime Complaint Center. The more complaints to the better.  It's a shame that most people complain but won't take the time out to report them.

Login to Me Too

Momo49
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed my charge on this company I haven’t received my order placed on January 5th I sent several emails to the company I ordered from which it wasn’t this company and they took my money and gave me a bogus tracking number.  Then after pay pal tried to dispute it with Storm media I received a email with a bogus excuse that it is going to be Chinese New Years on February 5th and that is why my order is delayed but I placed the order almost a month ago so why should that effect my order.  I was told that Pay Pal would protect my purchase I can send you the email they finally sent me.  I also asked for a refund since I haven’t received my item with no response isn’t it against the law to take money and not send the merchandise.

i still want to dispute this and ask that Pay Pal report Storm Media for scamming all these people.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Jean54,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized transaction, that can definitely be concerning! You can report unauthorized charges using the information here, however we only allow 180 days to dispute a transaction. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 😞

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

zaphyrella
New Community Member

hello... i never received  the merchandise  i ordered,,, & was  given an alleged " delivery date" which was  in 2017...  before i even  placed the  order,,,, i was  disappointed  & astounded  that 

paypal   did   NOT  resolve  this case in my favor..

Login to Me Too

Laura103
I ordered a gas trimmer from storm media but have not received it yet. Tried to look up the number and when I call the number that comes up for them, I keep getting a busy signal. Does anyone know how to contact that company or get our money back?
Login to Me Too

Stoley8
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe there is a way to contact them...they also go by shopdaynnights.  They are a scam.  so far, I haven't seen Paypal do anything to to identify them as such.

Login to Me Too

Adnil5
Contributor
Contributor

They also go by 'Vicky Picks' I just bought a RDIF card holder advertised on Facebook it looked great, the product that arrived wasn't what was shown on video! The VP web page shows the so called holder ( it's the rubbish that was sent in place of the great one on video) it states there is a 30 day money back guarantee but go to refund policy and it states NO refunds permitted! They sure want to have their cake and eat it.

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
So sorry you were also a victim of this unscrupulous company. They have several names the do ads under. Basically what people need to do is NEVER purchase anything from ads on Instagram or Facebook where they do the majority of their advertising. There merchandise is cheap junk and even though they claim it can be returned, they don't put any return information with the item you purchased nor do they respond to emails, or the email address given is a false on. Also, the tracking numbers they give is bogus and cannot be tracked. Many people never get the items they purchased and Storm Media claims it was mailed and won't refund the buyer. This has got to be one of the biggest fraudulent advertising companies I've ever run across. I can't understand why they haven't been legally stopped!
Login to Me Too

unicorn1116
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I got scammed as well.... Why isn't Paypal doing something about them..... Will have to watch online purchased now, more often... Actually Facebook needs to block them from advertising.  I purchased some detox patches..... it's been a month and I looked up the FedEx tracking number - no such number.... Only out $25 but nowadays that is $25 that could go towards some groceries.  Learned a lesson here.  I hope that PayPal will reimburse.

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Call PayPal and speak to a rep. Follow all the instructions that PayPal gives you and if they tell you to create a case against Storm Media or its aliases, whatever you do, DO NOT close the case. If you close the case you cannot open another one regarding the same case/item in question. Calling will usually cause PayPal to look further into the situation with Storm Media and have a denied case overturned where you will be returned your money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.