cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I feel your pain. I learned a valuable lesson about buying ANYTHING from ads on Facebook or Instagram. Most of these products are being shipped from China by Storm Media and/or Storm Media under its other aliases. I have no idea why PayPal allows Storm Media and its aliases to continue using them, but I'm sure it has something to do with free enterprise. Storm Media is equivalent to our Dollar Stores or Dollar Trees here in the US. Now when online and I see ads I go in and post not to purchase anything these people are offering that it's a scam and to beware. The Asian guy posting these ads is laughing up his sleeve ( yes, it's a Chinese businessman) knowing he's pulling fast ones on what he feels are ignorant Americans.
Tags (1)
New Community Member

I wonder why Palpal doesn't create an alert type warning for bogos business like this one? telling people when that try to buy the amount of complaints and people who are unhappy with their purchased to avoid other people being scammed, or why even allow this fake "companies" with such history of bad misleading unfair and scammers to continue sell things through paypal

I bought an item off them under another name they go by “MakeGoodies”. The item was not the one advertised but a cheap and nasty rip off. I tried emailing them for weeks before opening a complaint with PayPal when they eventually replied saying that they could refund if the claim with PayPal was closed. I did this then despite numerous further emails they are totally ignoring me and the refund never materialised. It wasn’t a fortune but it’s the principle of the thing. It looks like I am in a long line of people duped by this unscrupulous company. Surely there should be something we can do

Call PayPal and ask for their help. Follow their guidelines as what to do to get your refund. If PayPal declines your claim, call them again. I did and they reversed their decision in my favor. It might take some determination on your part, but it will pay off for you if you keep trying.
Tags (1)

I will do that - thanks for the advice
Highlighted

Don't email PayPal. Call them and discuss your issue with a rep. I did and it resulted in my denied case being overturned and I WAS refunded for my purchase with Storm Media and my return postage.
Tags (1)

Thanks again 😀

Your welcome!
Tags (1)

Oh my! Sorry to see this. Your problem was you closed the claim. Storm Media KNOWS that once you close a claim with PayPal you can't reopen it or obtain any further information on a item you purchased through them I strongly suggest you contact PayPal by phone and talk to a rep. I thought I was going to be out what I paid for the items and return postage. I spoke with a rep named Josh and I showed him followed their guidelines concerning information needed to file a claim and prove that I returned the items. I did everything they outlined yet my case was still denied. Storm Media claimed that I didn't return the merchandise, yet I had my postage receipt. The rep kept me on hold for 10-15 seconds and came back on the line and told me I had been refunded In full for my purchase. They also have a refund of shipping charges too which you can find the toggle right under the transaction toggle. This allowed me to be reimbursed my return postage. You can use the refund of return postage up to 12 times per year if you used PayPal to pay for the item. Try contacting PayPal, as I said by phone, not email. I believe you'll find it makes a world of difference when having to deal with Storm Media.
Tags (1)

Thanks for the advice. It’s not so much the amount of money it’s the fact they have been so obviously underhand about it. It’s made me wary of buying online now