Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

BC_12
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i did that already. The representative couldnt help much as the actual items were received. I just requested them to inform seller to refund me the cost of gift packaging which they were unable to do. However this is a lessons learned for me and i am going to blacklist this seller everywhere i provide my review.
Login to Me Too

Janetplanet111
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know the contact information for Storm Media since I have a product that I would like to return. I only have their name on my Paypal receipts but no contact number or address.

Do you know what it is?

thank you

Janet

Login to Me Too

MargaretB
Contributor
Contributor

I bought miracle skin stuff, Lanbena gold six peptides, supposed to take 20 years off me. Anyway, complete waste of money, as it does nothing, but the worst is that I bought it from an ad on Facebook and paid $19.99 + $5.99 postage. I received the item eventually, but when I looked it up to tell them it was rubbish, I found places selling this stuff for $2.16!

Very annoyed. I would suggest not buying from Storm Media.

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I feel your pain. I learned a valuable lesson about buying ANYTHING from ads on Facebook or Instagram. Most of these products are being shipped from China by Storm Media and/or Storm Media under its other aliases. I have no idea why PayPal allows Storm Media and its aliases to continue using them, but I'm sure it has something to do with free enterprise. Storm Media is equivalent to our Dollar Stores or Dollar Trees here in the US. Now when online and I see ads I go in and post not to purchase anything these people are offering that it's a scam and to beware. The Asian guy posting these ads is laughing up his sleeve ( yes, it's a Chinese businessman) knowing he's pulling fast ones on what he feels are ignorant Americans.
Login to Me Too

Tadams77
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder why Palpal doesn't create an alert type warning for bogos business like this one? telling people when that try to buy the amount of complaints and people who are unhappy with their purchased to avoid other people being scammed, or why even allow this fake "companies" with such history of bad misleading unfair and scammers to continue sell things through paypal

Login to Me Too

pennylincicum
Contributor
Contributor

on nov 25 i order so bras from Storm Media Limited Antisagging Sports Bra didnt know that the order went through so i kept trying to get it to go and here it was going so i have 3 that i need to get my money back  Transaction Id 7G228492LB8615055   OG486306852584OM  2MN777TE53984OM 

Thanks Penny <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pennylincicum

Contact the seller and ask if they will cancel your order and issue you with a refund.

But from the threads on this company that are on this forum lets hope that you don't get any of them so you can file for non receipt and get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jo197103
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item off them under another name they go by “MakeGoodies”. The item was not the one advertised but a cheap and nasty rip off. I tried emailing them for weeks before opening a complaint with PayPal when they eventually replied saying that they could refund if the claim with PayPal was closed. I did this then despite numerous further emails they are totally ignoring me and the refund never materialised. It wasn’t a fortune but it’s the principle of the thing. It looks like I am in a long line of people duped by this unscrupulous company. Surely there should be something we can do
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Call PayPal and ask for their help. Follow their guidelines as what to do to get your refund. If PayPal declines your claim, call them again. I did and they reversed their decision in my favor. It might take some determination on your part, but it will pay off for you if you keep trying.
Login to Me Too

Jo197103
Contributor
Contributor
I will do that - thanks for the advice
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.