Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Lilyan
New Community Member

I’m still waiting on order I placed 8-13-18 anyone know how to change bract them

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lilyan

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lizzie1965
New Community Member

storm media i have not recieved my items and now looking at a few posts it seems alot of others have not as well take the money but ni goods think this company should be banned or at least a red flag to warn others

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lizzie1965

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karin7

Totally dryed out. No answer from the company

Login to Me Too

Sbarcham
Contributor
Contributor

Storm Media has several names....another is Goal Shopper...it took them 1 and 1/2 months to send me my purchase then the item arrived and was damaged...doesn't work and they will not honor a refund...I am reporting them to the BBB international...also, reported to paypal and this has been going on for 3 months now.  Beware of this company...they send defective items as they take the chance that no one will return it after waiting so long that they give up...that is free money for the seller.

Login to Me Too

Pat5y1
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot believe so many of us have been conned by Storm media under its various guises: and to add insult to injury PayPal is condoning it and siding with them. I bought a grass trimmer that couldn't tickle a blade of grass and PayPal have closed the case after saying the item is as described. After reading this I can see I'm not alone. Thought I would be protected by PayPal. I won't be using them again.
Login to Me Too

Mahaynes
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal doesn’t care they do NOTHING! In fact I’m pretty sure they get a kick back!
Login to Me Too

Dear PayPal, Storm media limited does not exist used as scam by fancyhomey to take payments of goods it never intended to send to buyers. PayPal has good reputation so I am very concerned you are not aware of this or continue to allow these fraud company to operate under your platform. PayPal is losing its reputation because you refuse to acknowledge that there fraud companies operating under your wing. If you are aware of such companies then you are contributed to level of fraud taking place. People are moving to more reputable companies like Amazon and that's a shame to see you do nothing to help your customers. My payment to this company to pay for goods ordered from fancy homey was scam and my money taken and goods never delivered. I made countless contact with company fancyhomey but no helpful at all with just sending you automated messages. This is company that i supposedly paid to when I ordered product online via PayPal from fancyhomey. This company went out of business or dissolved. How can they respond to query you sent to them? The company I thought I was paying to get product I ordered online fancyhomey is scam and many others have suffered similar fate or paid good that never arrive. So I do not expect them to respond back to me. I would like my money back as I never received the goods I paid for no did fancyhomey which is supposedly company selling the goods although on your record storm media limited handled the payment

Login to Me Too

Stephenturk35
I ordered my cleaning product like 2 month already I didnt received it either..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.