Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Seems to be an on going issue. Maybe BBB or Consumer Affairs needs to be brought in to see what the deal is.
Login to Me Too

Pkripper
Contributor
Contributor
I also have been scammed
Login to Me Too

JWood07
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my dispute. I got my refund from PayPal yesterday. Best advice I can give is to follow the guidelines and see it through to the end. My purchase was approx 36.00 and it cost me half that to return it but I had decided that as long as I was getting back something I would proceed. I feel that they count on people not going through the hassle to return things. Don't give up?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JWood07

Did you activate the below link at any time BEFORE you made that transaction?

If so you can claim some postage costs back again.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

smb201
Contributor
Contributor

From the posts I've read about this company and its numerous fronts, I guess I am one of the lucky ones. A month of waiting and I did actually get a package.  Nooooo, not what I ordered, though.  After my first two contact attempts were ignored, I researched and found a customer service contact and after jumping through hoops to prove that THEY had done their job wrong, they say oops the return window expired 10 days after delivery. 1.) The window expired while they were busy ignoring me. 2) If the window expired way back then, then why did they waste my time proving they sent me the wrong product????  Insult to injury...

Login to Me Too

smb201
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, PayPal...PAGES of complaints about this company and no action?  Is this common?  What does it take?  I guess as long as you get your cut....disappointing...

Login to Me Too

chexxa69
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered leggings from here...took 8 weeks to come and they were vile! Horrendous quality
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
I'm really sorry that your, yet again, another hit for this unscrupulous man behind this company that also trades under man other business names. Storm Media is just one of them.

Contact Pay Pal, get their return address. Storm Media is banking on your NOT returning them. Once you get their return address, THEN file a case with PayPal. Whatever you do, DO NOT close the case with PayPal. This will cause you not to be able to reopen your case again Storm. Do every thing PayPal tells you to do regarding the case. Take screen shots of every transaction with PayPal. RETURN the leggings, YES, return them. Yes, it will cost you, however once returned you can get your shipping costs returned by PayPal. They have a refund of return postage right under the transaction on their activity page and they do refund as long as you send them a copy of your return postage receipt. AGAIN, keep a copy of every transaction. Should your case against Storm Media be denied After you've done everything PsyPal required, then call PayPal once again and talk to a rep there. I did and got my money back and then filed for my return postage and got that back as well. DON'T let Storm Media get away with this. They don't want you to get your money back. Make sure you fight back. That's how they keep getting away with their shady dealings!
Login to Me Too

purplekicker69
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ya They eventually turned up yesterday and they are bloody awful. £25.00 and totally **bleep**. Paypal will not do anything about it as the item has arrived I am disgusted. Jane
Login to Me Too

MYSTIC01
Contributor
Contributor

I received an item that was not what was ordered, seller will not correspond with me, I reported this to Paypal but they found in the sellers favour so I write off US20, will stop using ebay and paypal for anything ordered from China this is ha

@Jean54 wrote:

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

ppened more and more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.