Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not working in the afternoon, so I'm going to try and ring paypal. This really needs sorting, with some urgency.

Login to Me Too

SammyJ715
Contributor
Contributor

I conveniently received a tracking number today. Why won't storm media respond to customers if they actually sent the items. This is such nonsense that paypal is defending this fraudulent company

Login to Me Too

Angbon0410
Contributor
Contributor
My case was just closed and I was denied a refund by PayPal because they stated Storm Media gave them a tracking number. The tracking number was bogus. I’m not sure why PayPal didn’t realize that. This company is a scam. I’m so mad that PayPal can’t see that .
Login to Me Too

Emsimpson77
New Community Member
Me too. I cannot believe that PayPal would allow these companies to continue to use their service as a platform to rip off customer. I will never use PayPal to buy goods and services again. From now on, its Amazon all the way. Atleast they will refund your money when an Item isnt recieved.
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Since this is how PayPal handles thinks, then I'm not going to be using them any more to pay for things either. Storm Media is a very shoddy business and if PayPal insists on siding with them, it makes me believe that they must get a commission for assisting them in their fraudulent sales. Maybe the BBB needs to be brought in to investigate Storm Media and Pay Pals connection with them.
Login to Me Too

Ellisb
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal, why the silence? I started a case and PayPal found it in their favor. I didn't receive the product I ordered. It was inferior quality and different spec. I ordered one with an internal battery and you can buy them on Amazon at half the price and send it back with no Hassel. Why are they so bad at stopping these fraudulent transactions?
Login to Me Too

lakecliff
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem for me! Didn't receive merchandise until I filed a dispute. The merchandise I received was "garbage" and I have had no help or response from Pay Pal. I emailed seller twice for return/refund information, no response. Package had no receipt or return info enclosed with the horrible merchandise that smelled like burning tires when I opened it. I no longer trust Pay Pal claims to protect consumers.

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, I got an email from PalPal giving me the Storm Media address to return my purchase from them. The address is in China. In order to return these items, I will have to pay approximately $68.00 which is more than I paid for the items. In order to be reimbursed per PayPal, Storm Media will then have to report that they received my returned items for me to get a refund. So, either way I'm out money because of this shoddy company that PayPal endorses! Never again will I use PayPal to pay for anything I purchase in the future! Lesson learned!
Login to Me Too

rufusdufus
Contributor
Contributor

This has literally just happened to me. I ordered a car drying towel in June 2018 that never turned up. Despite sending them several emails, they did not respond. I reported to PayPal in August & explained that as I had not had it, I wanted my money back. Despite this, Storm Media decided to dispatch a package weeks AFTER I reported this & then informed PayPal that the towel had been sent. Again, this is AFTER I asked for  my money back. The towel? eventually arrived & is the size of a face flannel!!!!!. They will not take returns. I have now only seen this forum about them so I am disgusted that after all these reports, PayPal still support these fraudulant scammers. PayPal, you should be ashamed for closing my case without me being able to respond & by just reading a tracking number!

Login to Me Too

JWood07
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted PayPal Resolution Center after not receiving an item I ordered from Storm Media. They suggest trying to resolve issue with Seller. Storm Media responded to my email but I am convinced they were dragging the process in order to make me miss PayPal's deadline for filing a complaint. Long story short.... Paypal sided with me. I'd advise read PayPal's process carefully. They have strict guidelines for responding. But I'm happy with the result.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.