Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Pat5y1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are not doing anything about and are happy to ignore it. I made a complaint for the second time about their handling of it to look at the numerous complaints. Asked directly what they are going to do about Storm media. They ignored what I send and sent a cut and paste reply saying they look at all details of a claim and make a decision based on this. PayPal are a joke as well.
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
If this was the dog repellant hand held alarm, bought one and after two weeks it no longer would work. Tried to return. Storm Media wouldn't answer emails. Finally after weeks, got an answer and was told that returns on product aren't accepted. Twenty dollars for a piece of plastic junk. Thing is when you buy something online Storm Media doesn't identify themselves so you have no idea who your buying from to not be taken by them again. I've learned they're mainly on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. I'll not buy anything with ads on these sites ever again.
Login to Me Too

fiadm5
Contributor
Contributor
😡 it's just nonsense! How can they get away with this? Shame on you PayPal
Login to Me Too

RJE
Contributor
Contributor
I fought and fought with PayPal and they still denied my claim. I’m so fed up with PayPal and this scamming company!
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
If they closed your case, go to “Contact Us” - an option to chat should come up. If chat is unavailable, you should be redirected to an email window. Either way, tell them that you’ve received new info that should be considered. If you’re in the US, point out that the Better Business Bureau has investigated and issued warnings about Storm Media. The BBB has given them an “F” rating and has warned consumers that the company is operating under a fake California address. They have dozens and dozens of complaints both with BBB and in PayPal Community Forum. Don’t give up, keep persisting. If you were given tracking info, investigate that too. It’s likely a fake number. Every bit of evidence you can give them will help.
Login to Me Too

fiadm5
Contributor
Contributor
I want my money back too! If not from this thieving company, then from PayPal! How can they ignore all these complaints? Everyone will loose faith in them
Login to Me Too

Elaine360
Contributor
Contributor
My disput with stormmedia at PayPal was in July well below the 180 days pp sets. I did not get my item and they kept my 30.00. PayPal sided with them without an explanation They are a fraud and I have another item I have not received from them yet. This was before I wasn’t getting the first product.
Login to Me Too

Mahaynes
Contributor
Contributor

It sounds like this Storm Media may be a PayPal subsidiary as they are not refunded clear & legitimate cases of fraud. They're probably getting a little cash on the side why else would they continue to side w/ them. This company has 10s of thousands of complaints of fraud. Nice work PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
See above for my reply to RJE - it applies to you too. Don’t take their initial “no” for an answer. Tell them to reopen your case based on new pertinent info. Good luck & keep us posted!
Login to Me Too

robindaniel33

I bought something from them as well.  I didn't receive it.  I filed a dispute with Paypal and emailed Storm Media.  No response AND Paypal closed my dispute for lack of activity.  I filed the dispute, why didn't Paypay do its part?  I resubmitted again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.