Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Laura103
I never even got an email from them letting me know that they received my order or that it is being processed but they sure took the money out of my PayPal account right away
Login to Me Too

Dlmorrow
Contributor
Contributor
Storm Media charged my account on May 1st, and I received my bra almost one month later on May 26th. It was the right color and fit perfectly!! I only ordered one just in case it was a scam, but now I wish I would have ordered more! Yes, the package came from China, which explains the delay. I guess I’m one of the luck ones to actually get my merchandise.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicky

Hi Twin53577,

Sorry to hear you have not received the item. Since the payment is made on PayPal platform, we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue in a friendly way. You have up to 180 days after you sent the payment to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim within 20 calendar days.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

To check the status of your claim, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center.

Regards,

Nicky

Login to Me Too

Karen401
Contributor
Contributor
Nikki, the customer service at PayPal is a joke. Just do your job and get the refunds or items ordered. I'll never use PayPal again , for the simple fact that you do nothing to resolve issues. Waiting on hold for 2 hrs to speak to a person is unacceptable.
Login to Me Too

Mahaynes
Contributor
Contributor

This is BS I did not receive my item, I filed a complaint and as it looks like they always do, PayPal sided w/ Storm Media knowing this company is clearly fraudulent! Is this your little side hustle PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Tmicheau
New Community Member
These posts that PayPal sides with Storm media is concerning. I just files a complaint as I orders USB-C batteries for $65 2 months ago and never received them. I'm giving them a week to respond but I'm going to want my money back. I hope PayPal is able to make this right but if they don't I will be back.
Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
Why are you not paying attention to all of the people here that have been ripped off by this company? It's pretty obvious that they are unauthorized charges for all of us yet you give the same answers. They stole funds from all of us. Do your job!
Login to Me Too

Pitzerjerry
Contributor
Contributor
Why are you not paying attention to all the people here being ripped off by this company? They are operating on stolen funds. We all received the same generic response from you but no resolution to the problem. Do your job!
Login to Me Too

Floc
Contributor
Contributor
I too purchased leggings from storm media in December when I didn't receive merchandise I made a PayPal claim. I eventually received them and they are not as shown on the video on Facebook. I requested a return address from storm media and now it is not valid. I contacted PayPal and did not close dispute however I changed from not received to not as described and requested a return address. PayPal denied my claim and stated they sided with seller because I did not prove not as described. I advised PayPal agent that the leggings were leggings I could have purchased at any retail store for 5.00 and all I wanted was my 50.00 back and I was willing to send them back. I asked PayPal how do I show you they are not as described they are leggings taking photos will not help because how are they to be able to tell they are not as described by a photo. Well they opened the case again and told me they would be in contact with me for photos. Seriously look at all these complaints and that's not enough.
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nicky

I contacted paypal and opened a case immediately once I realised that the company had illegally added other items onto my invoice and took more money from my account than I had authorised. I said it was fraud. The next day, I got a reply that my case was being closed as the items had been authorised correctly!!!! I felt that paypal were not listening to my complaint. Yes, I had ordered one item but 9 Uppa (part of the Storm Media) had added extra items on - just like they have done with so many other people. It is hit and miss if you end up receiving anything and if you do, it is cheap and shoddy!

We all use paypal for the added security, but we are not getting it over this.

It is disgraceful.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.