Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Floc
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they are cheap. Walmart has better quality. I am too struggling with PayPal for a refund and a return address for storm media. Ugh
Login to Me Too

joes_myth
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Nicky wrote:

Hi Twin53577,

Sorry to hear you have not received the item. Since the payment is made on PayPal platform, we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue in a friendly way. You have up to 180 days after you sent the payment to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim within 20 calendar days.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

To check the status of your claim, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center.

Regards,

Nicky

What exactly is Paypal doing to stop this criminal activity?  All it seems to be doing is to make life difficult for customers.

One story among thousands.

Login to Me Too

Zee04
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply and for documenting this issue. I wonder if there is a way for ALL of us to open a class-action lawsuit against PayPal because they failed to acknowledge the issue. I mean, many, many of us have come forward with the same or similar narrative concerning this fraudulent situation, yet PP refuses to listen and stop this from occurring. I have accepted that I am out $21 and would like to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor

Nicky at PayPal-

I got scammed by these people and you said it was a legitimate purchase.

I did go as far as to authorize PayPal to pay for it, but when I went back to the

StormMedia page I decided against it and erased all my information.  That usually

works, but they must have been too quick for me.  I never completed the trans-

action and they'd already got my money from PayPal.  Its a scam, as evidenced

by all the complaints you've seemed to have received. 

I'll keep using PayPal, but will never even look at things StormMedia has to offer.

I also ordered from the other company mentioned in the original post in this string.

It was a dish rack.  It was on Walmart's page so I thought I was safe.  I used PayPal.

I've used PayPal with no trouble for many years and am very grateful for it.  I just

hope this fiasco doesn't cause you to lose customers.

Login to Me Too

Karen401
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered a product from this company, over a mtg ago. They refuse to respond to any emails. Pay pal is no help either , a complete joke. I refuse to pay for an item that I never got. I'm done with PayPal 2hr wait to talk to someone on the phone is also unacceptable.
Login to Me Too

jamjar4
Contributor
Contributor

Gosh waiting all that time until they could answer your call!!! Obvious they have a lot of complaints to deal with! All rather worrying.

Login to Me Too

Roz7
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item on line from this company and I have never received it, plus I have two different charges each with a different invoice number. They are not answering my email

Login to Me Too

karkey69

I am in the same boat. I knew I shouldnt have ordered from a company I had never heard of but I have seen other ads on facebook and was completely satisfied.

Login to Me Too

Slurrpee
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal advertises that they protect consumers. But they don’t do they?
Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered nothing, but I received the things they said I'd ordered.

I'd emailed <removed> every time they emailed me to say

where in their process my order was, and finally got a reply after I'd

contacted PayPal (which said I had made the purchase and they

couldn't help me) and my credit card company who refunded

my money. 

When I finally heard from <removed> they said they'd

refund my money, but they didn't say how.  We'll see.  If and when

that happens I will contact my credit card company about being

refunded twice.  This is a mess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.