Stop supporting criminal activity

bikerdlp
New Community Member

I was defrauded by a seller in China. Advertised a $5000 product but shipped a $10 knock off. They offered a refund if I send it back to China. So, I can pay $50-$90 to send it back to get a refund of $29.99 because they deliberately sent me the wrong product?  There are posts all over the internet confirming this fraud. Paypal not only won't do anything, they won't explain to me why the transaction was set up as a recurring payment, and now apparently, I'm not allowed to message them and I don't have time to wait forever for them to get on the phone. Why doesn't Paypal investigate criminal activity such as deliberate fraud and unreasonable return conditions for refunds? When they started, they did everything they could to protect consumers. I knew sellers who wouldn't accept Paypal because they were often overzealous in protecting the buyer. I guess the pendulum has completely swung the other way. The criminals know exactly how to set up a transaction so the victim will never be able to get a refund on fraudulent transactions. And Paypal won't even talk to the victims. They're thoroughly disgusting. I won't be using Paypal again.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you do a web search you’ll find a Chinese forum for sellers. They encourage people to request payment via PayPal because you can send a cheap toy and get full price of the fake item advertised. They brag about stealing money from USA customers and PayPal’s doing nothing. 

I wanted to post there but didn’t want to use my email or give my IP address. A VPN could work but it isn’t worth wasting time to post.

They know that they have the upper hand. Advertise expensive merchandise for cheap and watch gullible people lose money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.