Sports Direct Paypal Dispute

FuriousConsumer
New Community Member

I ordered some items from Sports Direct but although the packaged arrived 1 item was missing, it also had the wrong invoice in the package so clearly the warehouse was having a bad day!  I instantly contacts Sports Direct via email (only option) and after a week I was basically being told 'tough'.  I set up a PayPal dispute but lost as Sports direct provided Paypal with a tracking number, Paypal completely missed the point that a package arrived with 1 item missing.  Ive since been in touch with Sports Direct who now refuse to communicate as Paypal dispute was lost.  I am now £40 out of pocket and not getting any support from Paypal.  I tried to submit another dispute as the invoiced amount was wrong (I over payed by 39.99 essentially) but as soon as I hit submit the case was closed by Paypal.

Is there a way to appeal the dispute with Paypal as they completely missed my issue and just closed the case as Sports Direct provided a tracking number?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FuriousConsumer 

Sounds as if it was not paypal that missed the point.

You must have opened a dispute for non receipt of item so all the seller had to do was show trackable proof of delivery.

What you should have done was open a dispute for item received but not as described ie insufficient quantity.

Then paypal would probably have found in your favour but you would have had to return everything you received for a full refund (they don't deal in part refunds or orders).

Your only options now are...........

1. Phone customer services and see if they will open the correct dispute for you, as its 1 dispute per transaction they are not obliged to do so but will sometimes agree.

2. Small claims court.

3. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

If you go with option 1 then make sure you have activated the below link to get help with return postage costs.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.