Someone sold me fake trainers

joshhclementt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, So basically i bought a pair of Balenciaga trainers from someone on Depop for £435 as he claimed they were authentic. Now after receiving them i have got them confirmed that they are fake 100%. (I know people who have bought from him before and have used your dispute centre to get money back from him)

So i have messaged the seller and the seller said he is happy to give me a refund for them if i send them back to him, which i am happy to do, my worry is that for what ever reason he will receive the shoes back from me but wont refund me, or say he has not received them or just do something dodgy that will get him out of refunding me. 

I am planning to pay first class recorded delivery, is there anything else i can do before i send them off to prove that i have indeed sent them back so that if it does come to the situation where he is not refunding me i can come to you at paypal and dispute and get my money back that way?

Thanks a lot

Josh

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

J-bone
New Community Member
I learned my lesson, got burned on a remote control truck. Total bait and switch. Because the merchant shipped truck, PayPal would not help. Merchant ignored all questions about returns etc. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.....:-)
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi @ joshhclementt,

Thanks for asking your question in our Community.

I understand that you received fake trainers and the seller is ok with a refund, as long as you send the item back. The safest way to resolve this is to open a claim with us. In most cases we will ask you to send the item back to the seller as well, but we will provide a shipping address. This way we are able to protect you.

If you want to resolve this with the seller without a claim, you can open a dispute. Make sure that all communication is in the dispute, also make sure that the seller is providing you with an return address through the dispute. This way we can help you, if the seller is not refunding the payment. Always make sure that you return the item with tracking. We would need to see that the item is deliver to the seller as well.

I hope this information helps.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.