Someone plz help me...

Temp20201215as
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I was looking for a good black friday laptop. I went to the asus website and seen a sale on computers. I looked around at returns and exchange policy and everything seemed good. So i purchased it thru paypal. After purchasing it i noticed it said asusonline.com and i knew that legit companies wouldn't have that added online. This was shortly after buying it. I wasnt worried at first cause its hard to scam with paypal so i thought. I immediately filed a dispute and in my error i put fraudulent charge. The company was fraudulent not the charge but what was done couldn't be undone. About an hour after this purchase i called paypal and tried raising the red flags alarm to no avail. The scammer already collected payment. As per paypal u have to request refund to the seller which i did and also went onto the site and requested refund that way. I never got a receipt not an email from the company acknowledging my purchase. Its been 4 days and payp denied my claim.. not only that but keep telling me its not fraud. I keep getting ran in circles with paypal. That website is gone poof with my money 💰 😒. Im usually keen to these things however i was taken for a ride. And paypal thinks i sent my money to somebody in china. Yeah thanks for buyer protection
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201215as 

Buyer protection works if you use it correctly.

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

They do NOT cover you for buyer remorse when they have already processed the payment for you.

It sounds as if you opened a dispute for an unauthorised transaction? That is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

You would have been covered if you had opened a dispute for non receipt if it did not arrive OR not as described if it turned up and was tat (like most China sites).

If you want more advice post back for options but as you seem to be blaming paypal for your bad choices guess you won't want that advice. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201215as 

Buyer protection works if you use it correctly.

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

They do NOT cover you for buyer remorse when they have already processed the payment for you.

It sounds as if you opened a dispute for an unauthorised transaction? That is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

You would have been covered if you had opened a dispute for non receipt if it did not arrive OR not as described if it turned up and was tat (like most China sites).

If you want more advice post back for options but as you seem to be blaming paypal for your bad choices guess you won't want that advice. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maglaquejanyl26
Contributor
Contributor
Plz help me how to manage my paypal account i think there huck
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maglaquejanyl26 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.