Someone is using my card on a paypal account that isn't mine

BooTheCat
New Community Member

Dear Community,

Today my husband discovered large payments being taken from his bank account via PayPal.  He does not have a PayPal account so we are really concerned.  It is proving very difficult to get through to PayPal and in the meantime the bank is saying they cannot stop the payments and to take this up with PayPal.  Any advice on what to do please?  

Will Paypal refund the money to his account?  Is there a procedure to follow?  Any advice would be really appreciated please.

Thank you in advance.

Sam 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jae

Hi BooTheCat

I'm sorry to hear it's taking longer than expected to reach PayPal. If your husband doesn't have a PayPal account, this means his bank information was manually added to someone else's PayPal account or his debit card was used through our Guest Checkout online. If you're unable to reach PayPal by phone, it is best to report the transactions as unauthorized and his bank account/debit card information as stolen with his bank. I truly apologize for the unfortunate situation.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.