Someone is trying to fraud me with disputing 2 months old transaction

Mgta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 
So 2 months ago on 21  of may i made a transaction through 3rd party service based on currency exchange, i sent them the currency x they sent me through paypal x amonunt of pounds, 2 month passed and now they disputed the payment, paypal put it on hold, said to me it was a personal transaction and the dispute is directly from the bank, and they cant do anything, didn't provide me with anything else like bank name where i could go and speak about to problem.
Just want to sent them the documents and they will pass them to the bank. What do i do? and what if the access to whole transaction is within the 3rd party system, i can give them a reference number and they can  contact them, could possibly provide them with my and the person I sent the currency to addresses but these are hashes taking account how silly the problem is i doubt they will even understand a bit from it.
 Second i will lose the money twice, and third if there are such wholes in the system i could sent money to random people and them dispute them because why not... 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Mgta
Contributor
Contributor

anyone anything?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Mgta

Sorry if this situation has caused frustration. 😞 Unfortunately, you fell for a common scam where fraudsters ask to convert currency for them. 

When it comes to PayPal, we are only able to cover customers if they can confirm that they shipped an item to the customer's address. If the owner of the payment method disputed the purchase with their bank and it's for this service, we don't have any recourse with the bank as there is no way for us to prove this service was provided. 

This will be a situation where you lose this claim. Any balance that goes negative will be required to be paid back to resolve the negative balance. I wouldn't recommend doing something like this in the future for another party because you are responsible for any activity that goes on in your account. I do apologize if this creates an inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Mgta
Contributor
Contributor

IT was shipped and i have all the evidence so i don't know why you protect the scammer, i asked for bank details and you refuse to provide it, so im taking this to police, then court if needed. This is ridiculous, doing everything by law, having all the evidence and seeing contradicting information from you customer service. So you want to tell me that i was scammed and because of it you will punish me even further?😂 me losing my goods and money for it is perfectly fine? 😂 and i wont receive my goods or money back...  And me doing exactly the same, sending money to random ppl and then disputing that transactions is fine? I thought the paypal is here to protect ppl not a tool for scammers.

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If I understand what you are telling us,you sent some money to a vendor ,I assume you did not use Paypal ?

Then they paypaled you the currency you asked for.

Then they go to their bank and file a chargeback saying they did not receive anything from you??

You need to understand how paypal works ,if you did not use Paypal to send them the payment,then you should ask them not to use Paypal to send you payment  ? 

Login to Me Too

Mgta
Contributor
Contributor

That makes sense.. have a service which there is no point using 👍 will make sure to never use paypal again. 
before i was doing that through bank and i will stick with it never had any problems, and in case of any i would just contact the bank and deal with the problem where here cant get any info from paypal... Going to the police tomorrow, my lawyer is taking care of this as well will see how this will work out.
Are you all aware that i have a receipt for successful transaction, goods were delivered. end of story. Who on earth makes a dispute 2 month after getting what he paid for... And stop being silly because you can pay for flight tickets, pay for services through the paypal  like fiver so what, you are the developer that creates a website, the guy pays me through paypal and then he disputes me while he gets his money back and a website? are you high? They work with no problem only difference is that they are the businesses and i provided the service as a individual person. So what ill buy a f200 plane ticket and i can dispute it because this is not a thing that have been delivered to me? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.