Someone help please

Reptar109
New Community Member
So i was on a trip in germany when i made my paypal account. It has my nationality as german and wont let me do anything with my account due to "limitations" when i try to contact them it only gives me a german number. I am not sure how to fix it. I even tried to delete the account but it wont let me do that either
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reptar109 

Since you're no longer present in Germany, of course the account will be locked for security reasons as the PayPal system will sense you are not accessing the account from Germany as PayPal accounts in general are country specific. 

You might as well open a new account in wherever country you are currently present. Hopefully you have no money in the German account. It will remain limited as long as you are not accessing the account in Germany and can only gain access if you have German based credentials to identify that you own the account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reptar109 

Since you're no longer present in Germany, of course the account will be locked for security reasons as the PayPal system will sense you are not accessing the account from Germany as PayPal accounts in general are country specific. 

You might as well open a new account in wherever country you are currently present. Hopefully you have no money in the German account. It will remain limited as long as you are not accessing the account in Germany and can only gain access if you have German based credentials to identify that you own the account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.