Someone has made a purchase for £100 on my Paypal account!

DonLondon
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,Someone has made a purchase for £100 using my Paypal.i did not make this purchase nor do I know what it was for and I have never heard of the company it was purchased from.i received a notification on my phone saying “you have payed (I don’t know it was all in Chinese writing) £100”.i immediately changed my password and everything knowing that purchase was not made by me.i then checked my bank account and there was £100 missing.i got the notification at 18:40 and tried to phone Paypal straight away which then found out the offices are closed at 18:30.i opened up a case in the resolution centre thinking ok Paypal will sort this out.Only to receive an email a few hours later saying they are closing the case because they think it was an authorised transaction.it was not!money has been taken out of my bank and spent by god knows who and Paypal close the case.i don’t know what to do.i have contacted my bank and they have said I will have to wait until it shows up on my bank statement before I can make a open up a Dispute claim. any help would be greatly appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello DonLondon, 

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that your unauthorized transaction claim was denied. This would indicate that PayPal was not able to find any evidence of unauthorized account access to have the justification to reverse the transaction. Was this payment part of a billing agreement? Do you have any indication as to what the transaction was for in the transaction details? 

If you want to appeal the decision, I would recommend contacting PayPal customer service directly. You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.