Someone hacked my paypal?

LozioLudo
Contributor
Contributor

Someone hacked my paypal apparently.

This happened a few days after I lost my wallet

I woke up to find my email spam bombed, I was getting tons of "confirm your subscription" spam, and when I logged in paypal, I found a charge of 900$ (someone bought a drone). What's weird is that my visa credit card that was linked to paypal was already locked, so they couldn't take money from it, instead I found a new mastercard card that I've never seen before, added to my paypal account. And the payment was made with that card.

Now it might be the spam, but I didn't see any email from paypal confirming that the new card was added..

Also I contacted the online marketplace from where the drone was bought, and they said they would immediatly cancel the delivery, but the drone arrived today, as I can see from the shipment code.

Also how did they hack my paypal? Is a card and a document the only 2 things neccessary to hack it? (those were in my wallet that I lost), but again, no email confirming someone tried to recover the account using those 2 elements.

I contacted support and they said they couldn't tell me anything about what happened, they only made me setup 2 steps authentication.. Now I got the delivery address of that drone purchase, and I got that mastercard in my paypal that I've never seen before.. I tried to make a purchase with it and it went through very easily, so I'm actually worried that I might get in trouble for something that someone else did..

also it's important to say that passwords and emails were NOT in my wallet.. so I really don't understand how this happened

if someone is familiar with these types of things please help me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

matinakou
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me just now. Was the new mastercard on your name? did PAYPAL help you sort this out?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.