Someone hacked my computer, PayPal closed the case

Flamo
Contributor
Contributor

I dont know how to dispute this the case isnt even in closed cases and i lost $100 USD! Please can anyone help?

Someone was controlling my computer and was buying bitcoin with it, now have changed passwords and factory reset my computer but they closed my ticket and gave me no info.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Flamo
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to say 

"We're unable to file a case for this transaction. You can contact us if you have further queries."

Login to Me Too

Meagan15
Contributor
Contributor
They did the exact same thing to me! Except whomever stole my purse they withdrew over $350 from my account!!!! And now I'm trying to figure out a way to get it back
Login to Me Too

Flamo
Contributor
Contributor

It's so stupid! I got this message, 

"We reviewed the claim(s) you filed on 24 April 2019. Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorised."

It would obviously have used my IP (them controlling my computer) so how can I prove it wasn't me?

Login to Me Too

Meagan15
Contributor
Contributor

I got the exact same message!!! You’re just going to have to call them! I know I am tomorrow morning 

Login to Me Too

Flamo
Contributor
Contributor
I will try that now, thanks!
Login to Me Too

Meagan15
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome!

Login to Me Too

nathangur
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience.  Computer was hacked. Ransomware attack.  I have proof (screenshots, virus reports, copies of files) ...  But PayPal would not even give me the time of the day.  Case closed three times, people on the phone were rude to me, etc.

I've already rejected the payment from my bank, and told the last customer to chargeback  his CC transaction.   Will see what paypal does when my becomes a negative one.

Contrasting this with the way my bank and credit card company responded.  Night and day.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.