Someone else's name

Dana214
New Community Member
How can someone else's name be on an account. Yet has my social and bank information. PayPal wont even do anything
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dana214,

I'm sorry to hear that an account was created with your information. If someone has used your social security number and bank without your authorization, the account can be restricted so it cannot be used further in the PayPal system if you report the activity to PayPal.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

If a fraudster is using your SSN and bank information to commit identity theft, there are other concerns that you will need to look into

I hope the sailing is smooth for you going forward!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Fallen82
New Community Member
I cannot even reach PayPal. I’ve tried to shut my account down, but it will not let me. This started when they attempted to steal $1,000 from my bank, but my bank prohibited it. My bank said that “if you even long into your PayPal account, you would see that the language was changed to French bc this fraudulent activity had been going on for like 3 weeks”. So over a month ago (when this happened), I longed in and found it was French, I couldn’t reach PayPal, snd the system wouldn’t let me shut it down. So I left it alone, but kept an eye on it. Now it has this a Pamela Mingo on my account. What the hell is going on??!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.