cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone associated my Cell # to an account and is stealing funds

Highlighted
Contributor

Someone associated my Cell # to an account and is stealing funds

So this does not fit in any of the dispute boxes or help issues and that is frustrating.  Last Friday I received a call from a woman who told me that my account took $87.00 from her account.  Her bank gave her a copy of the transaction and the "merchant" information includes my cell phone number.  Now I am getting tons of angry calls about taking peoples funds.  My bank told me it is a PP account so I sent messages to PayPal who copied a form response and obviously did not read my description of my issue.   I even got a woman to send me a copy of her transaction that I uploaded.  My issue is 1) that I did not loose funds, I did not receive funds however my cell being associated with this account has tons of very angry people calling me. 2) That I reported a paypal account is being used to scam money and has associated my cell phone number without my permission and unknown whose information.   3) My cell number is on my account as a secondary number and I don't know how they could add it without it notifying me.  4) My bank did check my credit and I have no unusual activity and I froze my credit however this is very frustrating.