Some person hacked my account and purchased a game with money he sent me.

Ham1234
Contributor
Contributor

This happened all the way back in mid January and Paypal still haven't helped me. This is what happened.

Person sends me £199.99 and obviously took me by surprise. I tried to refund the money he sent me but i was too late as he managed to log in to my account and buy a game from a website for £150. I initiate a claim and wait, nothing happens. Several days go by and the guy hit me with a chargeback on the £200 he sent resulting in my balance going to negative £150. Right now i am worried and angry. How did the person hack into my account? I contact Paypal and they tell me nothing can be done as they deem it as not an unauthorised transaction. They reply to all my emails with the same thing over and over again after i insist them to dig deeper and look at the IP address of the transaction to show they didn't come from me. Paypal then forced me to pay the £140 which i had to as i read i can be visited by the debt collectors otherwise.

What can i do now? I am upset and angry. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.