Some insight on disputes?

dearGODx3
New Community Member

I recently started a claim with paypal after being scammed by a website operating in China. Initially, I reached out to the seller first in attempts to get a refund. I never received a response, so that's when I decided to go through paypal. The seller did respond via paypal & stated they would issue a full refund if I return the items & pay my own shipping costs. ( It is anywhere between $80-$100 to ship from NY to CHINA ) I thought this was ridiculous. First, I contacted the seller BEFORE my items were shipped, they dragged the conversation long enough to ship the item & then provide me with a tracking #. After pointless back and forth, I escalated the issue to paypal & they in turn responded with the SAME THING. Return the item to seller, provide tracking info & then the seller will issue a full refund.

This is absolutely absurd. I paid for 3 QUALITY, HUMAN HAIR wigs, which they advertised on their site with FAKE photos & FAKE reviews. I received CHEAP, costume wigs that look NOTHING like the photos. I can buy better looking wigs at the costume store for less that $20, there is no way I should be paying almost $100 to send back items that are no where near being valued that high.

I sent paypal a very detailed statement when I escalated the claim. I'm starting to wonder if they even READ the complaint. 

Is there a way to appeal this decision, or actually SPEAK with someone who can actually take the facts into account. I have photos,screenshots & logs of the emails I tried sending prior to contacting via paypal.

IN ADDITION:

In case anyone was wondering, after not receiving a response to my initial email (which was actually to make a change to my order), I did some research ( dumb of me to do research AFTER I purchased, I know ) & realized there were SEVERAL recent reviews of other consumers being scammed by this same website & receiving NO refund. That's why I then emailed them again for a REFUND.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dearGODx3 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Sadly if you buy from China you nearly always receive unsafe or rubbish items, especially if you buy them via Facebook.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dearGODx3
New Community Member

(edited original post)

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dearGODx3 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Sadly if you buy from China you nearly always receive unsafe or rubbish items, especially if you buy them via Facebook.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.