Some advice about a dispute

Garyjones710
Contributor
Contributor
Hi folks I sold a large item on eBay (computer monitor) it was collection only due to the size. The buyers sister collected it couple of months ago and all was well. Today I had the buyer contact me who advises that the monitor was the wrong size - I mistakenly advertised it as 30” and it was 23” . My mistake I got it wrong and gave offered a full refund if he returns it. He is now advising that he will give it to a charity shop and is not paying the return postage and wants a full refund. Rather unreasonable.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

carlc1956

Paypal doesn't care. I have been ripped off and they ignored evidence from the US postal service. They participated in a fraudulent enterprise.

Login to Me Too

JeffreyBohn
Contributor
Contributor

You need to deal with Ebay not PP. Ebay has a limitation on how long the buyer has to file a dispute so if it's been longer than that your good.  If you go through PP then the buyer has to pay return shipping.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JeffreyBohn 

@Garyjones710 

There is no paypal buyer protection for items personally delivered or collected.

So paypal would equally not tell them to return the item first.

They may file a dispute via their credit card issuer if they funded their paypal payment that way but then that would be a separate issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.