Sold a Car on Ebay buyer sent a deposit now wants to back out .. what can i do?

AC341
Contributor
Contributor

Hi a buyer bought my car in a buy it now fixed price auction. He then sent a deposit and it seems like now he wants to back out of the sale. Am i entitled to keep the deposit?  I have now wasted time and money listing this vehicle.  it is a motor vehicle and looking on paypal rules motor vehicles are not subject to the same rules as regular purchases... I don't want to be naïve but to my knowledge it takes a few clicks to buy and then another few clicks to send a deposit. So it can't be about a mistaken press of the button one time. Also he stated he was watching the auction and now he is now disputing the transaction stating someone else has access to his account on paypal. 

Paypal put a hold on the funds and they want me to respond to this dispute but only give me three options :  ask if i shipped the car;ask if i  Refunded the money, or state i will refund the money 

It does not have any other options for me to respond to. I tired Instant messaging paypal but no response and no call # so i can talk to them...and i understood that deposits because of this being a car is non-refundable. 

This is just a hassle with Paypal and ebay that goes with selling a car on that platform. Now i might have missed out on other sales and Ebay has issued me an invoice... 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.