Social security disability check

Jheuer0815
Contributor
Contributor
I recently had funds transferred to my account from Facebook, PayPal got suspicious and locked my account down and asked for me to prove who I was. I sent them my Id ss card and my birth certificate along with a bank statement and a piece of mail. They demanded a passport which I do not own a passport and have never owned a passport and nowhere I read did it ever say it was necessary to have one to open a PayPal account. Anyway they completely shutdown my account and are holding the funds for 180 days, now my social security disability check was supposed to be direct deposited 2 days after this and I talked to the social security Administration and they could do nothing to stop it from goin to that account. But if the account is closed it will come back to us and then we can deposit it into ur new account. I said ok. Called PayPal back and asked is this account shutdown for sure and they said yes no money can go out none can come in. I even had a friend try and send me 40cents and it was denied. The next morning I woke up to my check have been deposited into this closed account. I am crying hysterically at this time, I have no way to pay my rent or buy food. I do not receive any welfare assistance or nothing. I call them and talk to a supervisor and he tells me that it was a mistake and promises he will get it fixed so I can transfer my funds my Wednesday. Now I’m getting emails saying they can’t release my funds and I’m lost. Social security told me it was against federal law for anyone to withhold a government check unless it’s the government, so I guess I’m goin to have to get ahold of my lawyer and social security disability administration and start the process to have charges pressed. And what a piece of **bleep** company for completely shutting down an account until they see something they like, PayPal are nothing but crooks and thieves and will have the consequences of it
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jheuer0815 

PayPal's security system has a mind of it's own with it's algorithms and it can make false positives/misunderstandings on suspending accounts at a drop of a hat seem like and is a real PITB to get it restored. 😣 😞 You may want to open a case with contact bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jheuer0815
Contributor
Contributor
They ended up refunding all the money in my account including the disability check, and they did so almost immediately. After they was notified that holding federal funds from a payee is against federal law!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.