So, Paypal.. Sorry.. not Sorry

HReality
Contributor
Contributor

So, my account was defrauded on the 13th of Sept. for xxxx.xx.  I immediately contacted PP for a resolution and they issued a refund which cleared the 17th.  Yay for me.  The same day the refund clears my bank I get a notice saying their system got an insufficient funds flag and it would try again in x days.  Panic attack sets in and I contact them again and they assure me there are no pending transactions. 

Low and behold the 20th Im again hit for the initial amount (that was refunded).  Ive explained the insufficient funds response was in error and the money was in fact sent and even have documents from my bank saying the withdrawal was completed 2X.  So, now Ive lost my car and on the verge of loosing my house and no way to get this resolved.  My initial thought was to reopen the case which started this but surprise.. cant do it.  It really saddens me as Ive used PP for years without issue and the first real problem I have seems to be treated as unimportant.

Also, Ive taken steps to secure the account and connected sources to prevent it happening again. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @HReality,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that this happened! I would recommend contacting our Customer Service and providing your bank's documentation. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

HReality
Contributor
Contributor
I’d like to offer a retraction.. after a tiring time to resolve the issue mentioned the support person asked to speak with my bank. In a three way call they conversed back and forth and discovered the entire issue was in fact on the part of my bank who was provided me incomplete information. I offered my apologies to the support person and staff for any misunderstandings and if I seemed short. In the end all is good and balanced out. Much appreciation for the patience with me and sticking around to be sure I clearly understood the book keeping issue and where it was!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.