So Frustrated with PayPal

cdarmsupply
Contributor
Contributor

12 Days ago I get an email that my PayPal account is frozen because on my business website I was selling 'high capacity magazines'. Any familiar with firearms knows what those are. I don't sell those. I am not a licensed gun dealer so in my state of CT I cannot own them in my business to sell them. I called up PayPal and of course they do not have specifics except that item stated 'Discontinued and no longer available'. 

The only item on my site that says that is a loader for magazines. Perfectly legal in all states and NOT against PayPal rules. The guy I talked to agreed and said he would send this over to review. Since the item is no longer available, and to avoid any future issues, I removed it.  A week goes by still nothing from PayPal. So now my eBay store and my regular business are shut down (I used Braintree Powered by PayPal for Credit Cards). 

At this point I went in and completely removed PayPal from my website and refuse to do any business with them except where I need to. We are now on day 12 and they have frozen my money and I still have no eBay store (which I do about 100K in sales each year on).

I call and am told there is no way to contact the review department I just have to wait. I go online and send an email and it says I will be contacted back in 24 hours - still nothing.

What really strikes a nerve is that I am a small mom/pop shop and my competitors that probably do millions in sales offer high capacity magazines on their sites and they proudly display the ability to take PayPal.  So is this PayPal showing favorites for the big guys. Is my 140K a year between ebay and my website not enough commission for them? Or is it that when PayPal screws up they just do not care.

Very sad. I liked using just PayPal for the simplicity and not having to worry about all these monthly charges and yearly fees for regular credit card processors but not any more.

12 days is not acceptable PayPal, not acceptable for a business account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ircwebservices
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited since 27th February and I have submitted all documents requested by your service. I received a mail requesting me to reply to 2 question and replied to it and immediately and since then no feedback from Paypal and my account is still limited without having any reason and further communication from your compliance departement since 21st of March and my account still limited.

Login to Me Too

cdarmsupply
Contributor
Contributor

Im not sure if you do business on eBay or not but with eBay coming out with Managed Payments, and pushing PayPal to the side, you would think they would take care of their business customers. Im not saying mistakes are not made, I get that but shutting business customers down for that period of time is just crazy to me.

Login to Me Too

cdarmsupply
Contributor
Contributor
Here is the BS email I just got. Here at PayPal, we would like to resolve your issue in the best we can. We’ve reviewed your email and feel that we’d be able to answer your question(s) better by speaking to you. As we will need to do verbal authentication on your PayPal account. Please call us for free at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted][Removed. Phone #s not permitted]if calling from outside the U.S.) PayPal Customer Service hours: Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT Thank you for being part of the PayPal community. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter is much appreciated. So more run around - call us to discuss, when you call they cannot discuss. Just more BS from this scam company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.